cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Access without configuring the Hosts file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is possible to access the SAP Portal By mentioning the IP address in the URL without configuring the Hosts file?

Please suggest me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is possible by http://ip address:port number, try.

Regards,

Kiron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiron,

Yes, you are right but the Webdynpro/BSP objects do not working and itu2019s displayed empty page as "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Mozilla Firefox instead of IE, may be its ur local IE problem.

Regards,

Kiron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

Webdynpro for abap and BSP's are running in the application server in abap and not in portal. You access the portal with ip address and port number of the portal running in Java stack.

If you want to access your WDA/BSP through the portal then you need to create a system configuration pointing the r3 system and port number.

Create a iView and refer the wda application ,configuration and system alias . Then only it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiron,

If I configure IP and Domain in host file it is working good otherwise giving error mentioned as above.

My question is how to access the portal without register IP and domain in Host file? Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

I done all the procedure already as you said and it was working well. If I remove the IP and Domain in host file then it does not working. Any suggestion related this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems to me a DNS configuration for ip resolution

refer this forum [|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran ,

Thanks for your response. I did not understand what you are suggest .Can you please explain little bit more?

Note: I need to work without configuring IP and Domain in Host file

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Stars,

As i said already that i do not have all the ip address configured in my pc to access the portal. It is working fine. My understanding is that in the network , DNS configuration plays a role in it to resolve the IP to reach the specific destination in your network.

Refer the link i already gave you , consult with your IS team how to set up the DNS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

Thanks for your frequent response. I didnu2019t configure the DNS. If I configure DNS now then it will affects the SAP installation. Please suggest me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Baskaran,

>

> Thanks for your frequent response. I didnu2019t configure the DNS. If I configure DNS now then it will affects the SAP installation. Please suggest me.

>

> Thanks.

Hallo Stars,

I am not able to understand the relation between the configuring DNS and affecting SAP installation. If you do not want to do the host file change or DNS configuration, i wonder how could your url request with Ip adress and port knows the physical server to reach.

Anyways it is going beyond Webdynpro-ABAP forum to the Networking,systems area. I request Moderators to replace this to appropriate forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

I discussed with basis peoples. They said that if we configure DNS after SAP installation then SAP system gets some problem.

That is the reason I asked you for my clarification. Any suggestion related to this.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working for us as because we are in the same domain. I do not have all the portals ip adres in my hosts. it is working for me to access any portal with in our company.