cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects XI 3.1 on windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Install Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1, client tools on windows 7?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working in the following topics

I have installed BOE XI 3.1 SP3 full install

I can access a extern server

I can import a universe, but I can´t see their data, because the tool stops working

I try to make a local univers (eFashion), I configured the odbc succesfully, but I can't work with the universe

Note: The server BOE is BOE XI 3.1 SP2

___________________________________________________________________________________

Reply of Efstratios

You should have the same patch level on both your server and client instllations. SO if an upgrade of your BO server to SP3 is not possible the only option you have is to install the BO XI 3.1 (no service pack) version of the client tools and then apply SP2. In this case you have to install the client on Windows XP.

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

My Basis Team Only upgrade the server ....Is it necessary to upgarde client tool in individual PC??????...Requset you to please guide me regarding whole process so that the entire picture will clear in my mind and i am able to handle all the situation at my client side

Please help ....

Thanks & Regards

Anish Mahadik

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, Client Tools are supposed to be on the same Fix/Patch level as the BI Platform, else you will potentially be exporting regressions to the published content in the Enterprise.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows 7 is supported to install desktop applications (not server components) in XI 3.1 SP3 both in 32 or 64 bit mode. You can only utilize this support of desktop applications if you perform a full install with BOE XI 3.1 SP3 software (client tools) instead of an upgrade package.

To install, you need to download (javascript:ms_getObject('https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/bc/bsp/spn/download_basket/download.htm?objid=012002523100007087502010E&userid=S0006543242&action=DL_DIRECT');) the appropriate package (client tools only) and install them on the Windows 7 desktop(s).

Please check: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4079f8f6-2b49-2d10-d790-bc596012d... for more details (login required to SAP support portal)

Hope this helps...

Martijn van Foeken

Focuzz BI Services

http://www.focuzz.nl

http://nl.linkedin.com/in/martijnvanfoeken

http://twitter.com/mfoeken

Former Member
0 Kudos

firstly thank so much

I can import a universe, but I can´t see their data, because the tool stops working

I try to make a local univers (eFashion), I configured the odbc succesfully, but I can't work with the universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which tool stops working and which tool are you using to view data? And can you explain a little bit more why you can't use the eFashion universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know and used Designer Tool in BO,

When I try to use the standard universe (efashion) with Designer, but it is impossible to look the properties of the each object. The tool has an aspect as "disable" (locked)

Follow history >>

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but I need help with respect the following tema, because also I need to work with xcelsius.

I need to have functioning Business Objects correctly in the next week, if not I will have to change to windows xp

0 Kudos

You should have the same patch level on both your server and client instllations. SO if an upgrade of your BO server to SP3 is not possible the only option you have is to install the BO XI 3.1 (no service pack) version of the client tools and then apply SP2. In this case you have to install the client on Windows XP.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. is absolutly logics that not support diferents version of SP, thanks

I thougth that is it, but I needed confirm

Thanks so much

Subject: Re: Business Objects XI 3.1 on windows 7

Message: You should have the same patch level on both your server and client instllations. SO if an upgrade of your BO server to SP3 is not possible the only option you have is to install the BO XI 3.1 (no service pack) version of the client tools and then apply SP2. In this case you have to install the client on Windows XP.

0 Kudos

If your question is answered please close the thread.

Regards,

Stratos