Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Transaction SMEN after logon via Single Sign On (SSO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set a certain start transaction via Extras. When I logon via SSO then the transaction is not launched and the following prompts:

Cannot start Transaction SMEN

When I logon using password then it works.

Is it possible to solve this for SSO logon?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if table SSM_CUST has an entry "NEW_WINDOW_MODE" = "NO" (default value). If it does, please change it "YES" and try again to launch the start transaction. Please revert if this solution doesnot work.

Thanks,

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 27, 2010 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandipan,

Thanks for your reply. It is blank. What I have found out is that it works with transaction IW38 and does not work with transaction IW33.

A bit very strange..

Regards,

Dmitry

0 Kudos

SMEN when set as "start transaction" may not work since it is already running when you logon to the SAP system (program- SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION) and you cannot start the transaction again from the navigation transaction (SAP Easy Access). Same is the case with any Session Manager Menu Tree Display transaction codes like SESS and SESSION_MANAGER.

I set a certain start transaction via Extras

Sorry I missed this point earlier. Can you please let me know which transaction you are trying to set as a "start transaction"?

This would help me to understand your requirement in detail and provide you with a possible solution.

P.S: New_window_mode= blank is equivalent to NO (default value) and not YES. My bad But found a SAP note 1086856 this morning which says this flag is obsolete now so don't think it would work either.

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 27, 2010 1:00 PM

0 Kudos

For the transactions see last message. I guess it has something to do with logon via Single Sign On because it works for logon with a password.

0 Kudos

Can you please check transaction SM21 logs (with appropriate From Data/time and user ID) and let me know the Problem Class and Text shown in your case.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

The log is empty - no errors. I am working with our Basis team in parallel, probably, they can sort it out.