cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Management Server will not start (Linux)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1

Database: Oracle 10g

I recently installed Crystal Reports 2008 v1 on a new Linux machine. After I initially installed the server everything was working fine. I could login to Info View, CMC and execute reports. I am working on documenting the reporting process at my company and was documenting how to start/stop/restart Crystal Reports Server. I stopped the server using ccm.sh and now I cannot get the Central Management Server (CMS) running again.

I run the following and the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) start but the CMS does not:

$ ./ccm.sh -start CrystalSIA

Starting CrystalSIA...

Then when I try:

$ ./ccm.sh -display -cms

Creating session manager...

Logging onto CMS...

err: ERROR Couldn't logon to CMS (STU00152)

err: Error description: The system db9.interactivesys.com can be contacted, but there is no Central Management Server running at port 6400.

I checked the logs the following is the only line in the SIA log:

2010-12-29 12:40:13.763 FATAL main Invalid bootstrap line: cms CrystalSIA.cms CrystalSIA.CentralManagementServer 0 -port

6400 FuIt_UxL1gwA_QwAAMCWhvYApLrbLXZ5.

I have confirmed that the database connection works and that the ports are correct. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Below is the configuration for my CMS:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Business Objects

Choose the number of the entry you would like to modify.

1 - Local CMS

Name: CrystalSIA.CentralManagementServer

Port: 6400

Auto-Start: no

Command Line: -port 6400

(back/quit(0))

-

-

-

-

-

-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out. The locale variable LC_ALL was reset. Added LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 to the bash profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I turned up logging and found this. If the server was working before I tried to restart it is this really the problem?

2010-12-29 15:42:15.667 INFO CAD Starting Server Intelligence Agent...

2010-12-29 15:42:15.667 INFO InfoStore Agent m_cmsNames.size() = 1.

2010-12-29 15:42:15.668 INFO InfoStore Agent Pinging db9.interactivesys.com:6400.

2010-12-29 15:42:15.668 DEBUG InfoStore Agent Trying to ping using db9.interactivesys.com/10.24.34.9 at port 6400

2010-12-29 15:42:15.672 DEBUG InfoStore Agent java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

0 Kudos

Have you tried to reboot the machine? Maybe a zombie process, which was not temrinated during the previous restart, has locked down one of the ports required from BOBJ.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried restarting the machine but I continue to get the same errors.

Edited by: mmodal on Jan 4, 2011 8:08 PM

0 Kudos

Add the hostname and address in the local /etc/hosts file and try again to start the BO services.

Regards,

Stratos