cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReportsException: Load report failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed a web application that runs a Crystal Report on my pc with the following features: Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010 and the distribution of CRforVS_13_0 crystal report sap. Running on my PC works.

When I deploy this application on the server that has the following features: IIS, Windows 2003 Server, CRforVS_13_0 and I connect via http to the page containing the report, I get this error message:

[COMException (0x80041811): Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +95

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +270

[CrystalReportsException: Load report failed.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.ReportSourceFactory.CreateReportSource(Object objToBind, Object objEnterpriseLogon, Boolean isDesignMode, Boolean needHTTPCache) +1379

CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgentBase.set_ReportSource(Object value) +306

CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent.set_ReportSource(Object value) +20

CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewerBase.set_ReportSource(Object value) +408

CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.set_ReportSource(Object value) +71

CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewerBase.DataBind() +153

WebCrystal.Reports.Report.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\SviluppoProgettiGetica\ProgettiWeb\WebCrystal\WebCrystal\Reports\Report.aspx.cs:41

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Can you help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] to find out what is happening to the report load. Is the report being found by the app? Are there pernission issues (look for Access Denied)?

Also, see [this|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d02f7cd3-f18b-2d10-55ad-dab2200f68fc] article.

- Ludek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that I solved my problem. It is a directory security issue. I didn't check, but VS2010 must use different credentials when running in debug mode. I gave the account IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0 access to the reports directory and it worked just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem. All my reports executed just fine until I upgraded them to the current version of CR. I let CR upgrade them for me in VS2010. I am running VS2010 and converted my reports to the current version of Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0 (put on SP1 yesterday to see if it solved my problem.)

Whenever I try to execute myReport.Load(rptPath), CR fails, giving the error below:

Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

The thing that I do not understand is that the code runs perfectly fine if I run the code in VS2010 debug mode from debugger port: http://localhost:56943/. However, if I run the same code outside the debugger from localhost/, the code fails.

I inserted a response.write(rptpath) to ensure that rptPath was resolving to the same physical path in both instances and it does, so I know that I am correctly identifying the .rpt file for loading.

I'm perplexed.

Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

Source Error:

Line 489: Dim i As Integer

Line 490: myReport = New ReportDocument()

Line 491: myReport.Load(rptPath)

Line 492: For i = 0 To 11

Line 493: mylabel = "PD" & Format(i + 1, "0#") & "Label"

Source File: C:\Users\jrogers\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ClientTrac_DEV_V5\reports\Default.aspx.vb Line: 491

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80041811): Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +95

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +270

[CrystalReportsException: Load report failed.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +333

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +877

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) +84

reports_Default.displayReportMPDS(String rptPath, MPDataSet rptDataSet, String rptTitle, Array Period, Array Months, Int32 EndPeriod) in C:\Users\jrogers\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ClientTrac_DEV_V5\reports\Default.aspx.vb:491

reports_Default.CreateMonthlyReport(String Rptpath, Int32 client_id, Int32 year_end, String RptTitle) in C:\Users\jrogers\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ClientTrac_DEV_V5\reports\Default.aspx.vb:553

reports_Default.SetReportSelections() in C:\Users\jrogers\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ClientTrac_DEV_V5\reports\Default.aspx.vb:363

reports_Default.rptsDialogSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\jrogers\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ClientTrac_DEV_V5\reports\Default.aspx.vb:230

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've the same problem.

operating system: windows 2003 server

CR version: CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0

Asp.NET version: 4

application pool identity: NETWORK SERVICE

on event viewer there are 2 events:

The description for Event ID ( 4353 ) in Source ( Crystal Reports ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Impossibile caricare l'assembly di codice, BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll.

then

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0

Event Category: Web Event

Event ID: 1309

Date: 08/03/2011

Time: 16.10.08

User: N/A

Computer: NODE-2

Description:

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 3/8/2011 4:10:08 PM

Event time (UTC): 3/8/2011 3:10:08 PM

Event ID: f96d9ce6e5a4437b98b11c59e8de72dd

Event sequence: 36

Event occurrence: 1

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/823117/Root-2-129440705099843750

Trust level: Full

Application Virtual Path: /

Application Path: E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\siti\pec\

Machine name: NODE-2

Process information:

Process ID: 6640

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:

Exception type: CrystalReportsException

Exception message: Caricamento report non riuscito.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at Default.InviaMailCliente(String mittente, String destinatariocliente)

at Default.wzCompilaRichiestaFinishButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnFinishButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Operazione non supportata. Impossibile aprire un documento elaborato dal motore JRC nello stack C++.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

Request information:

Request URL: http://pec.telematicaitalia.it/Default.aspx

Request path: /Default.aspx

User host address: 94.94.17.250

User:

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type:

Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:

Thread ID: 55

Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace: at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at Default.InviaMailCliente(String mittente, String destinatariocliente)

at Default.wzCompilaRichiestaFinishButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnFinishButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Edited by: merboy on Mar 8, 2011 4:40 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, did you do any of the suggestions I made in the post from Dec 30, 2010?

The issue with BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll is well documented on these forums, KBases and blogs and does not impact yuor app at all.

- Ludek