Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP5 Installation: Error in Phase PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

happy new to year to all of you

I have a problem with the EHPI (latest version). In Phase "PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG" i get the following error:

KX_CPYORG.LOG:

1 ETQ200 Executing actual phase 'PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG'.
1 ETQ399 Source directory: D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64
1 ETQ399 optional list file 'dbclient.lst' not found at directory 'D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64' - copy files skipped
1 ETQ399 optional list file 'igsexe.lst' not found at directory 'D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64' - copy files skipped
1 ETQ399 optional list file 'sapcrypto.lst' not found at directory 'D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64' - copy files skipped
1 ETQ399 Using copy list: instance.lst
1 ETQ399 Using copy list: instancedb.lst
1 ETQ399 Copying files from 'D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64' to 'D:\usr\sap\EHPI\abap\exe'
2 ETQ399 Reading list file 'D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64\instance.lst'

The problem here is its an unicode System - ever was! and there is no path D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\ nuc \NTAMD64 but a D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\ uc \NTAMD64

The Systems' profile parameter OS_UNICODE says: "uc". DIR_CT_RUN says "D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64"

So why does the EHPI think this is a Non-Unicode system?

Any ideas?

regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i check the files "BIL_DVEBMGS00_BILBO.PPR" and "START_DVEBMGS00_BILBO.PPR" from the EHPI directory D:\usr\sap\EHPI\abap\log\ i do find entries like

2 DIR_CT_RUN                     User:                                SAP: D:\usr\sap\BIL\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64

and

2 OS_UNICODE                     User:                                SAP: nuc

But the question remains. Where does it take these ones from? The System profiles do not refer to "nuc" anywhere but always to "uc".

tomas_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

is this still a problem?

The problem here is a erroneous dbclient.lst. This file came with Oracle client software. This was detected and fixed by SAP Development some time ago. What's the version of sapehpi you're using?

Anyway, please use a new Oracle Instant Client, released after March/2009. After replacing this file the problem is gone.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

we had this same error as the envoriment variable was poing to /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe to use sappfpar to generate values instead of getting sappfpar from the kernel directory .  we had to make sure that the env variable PATH had /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe defined at the end instead of being defined at the begining .

Answers (0)