8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2011 1:17 AM by Avishek Raha RSS

System Crash during ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0) SR2 ABAP+JAVA installation

Avishek Raha
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I am fairly new to this fascinating world of SAP BASIS and recently got hit by an issue which I faced during an ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC 6.0) ABAP+JAVA installation.

My Installation Particulars:

1. OS: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)

2. DB: Oracle 10.2.0.2

3. RAM: 2 GB

4. Installation type: LOCAL and CENTRAL SYSTEM INSTALLATION.

I have tried the installation thrice and each time the IMPORT ABAP step (phase 18) comes, 3 parallel IMPORT JOBS runs and after few of them completes the system restarts or crashes abruptly. So as a matter of fact, the R3LOAD which were running had to stop without getting completed, so whenever I start from old installation, the INSTALLATION MASTER throws error and I had to start a new installation. then again, during this phase the system/server/computer crashes.

The minimum RAM requirement for this ERP installation is 3 GB, so probably 2 GB is not being able to cope up the pressure of the R3LOAD jobs...well, i am not sure of that!

During the parameter specification, at the DATABASE EXPORT screen I have specified 3 parallel jobs. Well, the question which I have are as follows:

1. Will I reduce the number of PARALLEL JOBS to 1 or 2, without going with the default value of 3, in order to avoid these crashes?

2. Can I still install the SAP with 2 GB RAM?

Please do help...

Actions