cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Crash during ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0) SR2 ABAP+JAVA installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am fairly new to this fascinating world of SAP BASIS and recently got hit by an issue which I faced during an ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC 6.0) ABAP+JAVA installation.

My Installation Particulars:

1. OS: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)

2. DB: Oracle 10.2.0.2

3. RAM: 2 GB

4. Installation type: LOCAL and CENTRAL SYSTEM INSTALLATION.

I have tried the installation thrice and each time the IMPORT ABAP step (phase 18) comes, 3 parallel IMPORT JOBS runs and after few of them completes the system restarts or crashes abruptly. So as a matter of fact, the R3LOAD which were running had to stop without getting completed, so whenever I start from old installation, the INSTALLATION MASTER throws error and I had to start a new installation. then again, during this phase the system/server/computer crashes.

The minimum RAM requirement for this ERP installation is 3 GB, so probably 2 GB is not being able to cope up the pressure of the R3LOAD jobs...well, i am not sure of that!

During the parameter specification, at the DATABASE EXPORT screen I have specified 3 parallel jobs. Well, the question which I have are as follows:

1. Will I reduce the number of PARALLEL JOBS to 1 or 2, without going with the default value of 3, in order to avoid these crashes?

2. Can I still install the SAP with 2 GB RAM?

Please do help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to use a 64 bit server (x64) for these kind of installations. You will not run into such issues then. Make sure RAM is atleast 4GB since your system is double stack.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first issue, have you tried logging in with SAP* user. Provide the master pwd for this user while logging in.

Ensure the profile parameter to activate sap* user is enabled.

If the above doesnt work, you can try deleting the sap* user from usr02 table. You should be able to login with sap* and pwd: pass after the previous step.

Once you are able to login with SAP* user to the SAPGUI, you can reset the pwd of DDIC to ensure succusful login.

For the 2nd issue, AFAIK, I do not see any repercussions in changing the password.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, Issues solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, Issues solved.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CAn you describe the word crash. Your Os get crash or what exactly happen over there.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your valuable replies.

Well, as far as the OS is concerned, this version (ERP 2005 SR2), is compatible on 32-bit OS also. I am confirmed because I have done this installation on different machines also, prior to this installation, where my OS was 32 bit, but RAM was 4 GB. That is why, I am presuming this to be a hardware issue.

By CRASH, I mean during that step the computer shuts down abruptly by itself.

Well, I am starting the installation again, by specifying only 1 parallel job. Let's see if it works or not! If it doesn't then I will have to increase the RAM surely.

Anyways, if you have anymore informations to share regarding this issue please feel free. I will soon post the UPDATE on this thread.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Due to some internal pressure of the company deadlines, i had to install the ECC on 4 GB and the previous experiment of installing it in 2 GB is still not complete. the SAP got installed in 4 GB and 32-bit Windows without any fuss.

But here I am facing two new issues...

1) I am not being able to log in to the 000 client with DDIC user and Master Password. All the other clients that is in 001 I can login with the same combination but not not in 000. Why?

Well, I have used the command> select BNAME from SAPSR3.USR02 where MANDT='000'; anf found that DDIC user is present at the 000 client but it's not able to login.

2) What are the problems that I will face if I change the password of the <SAP SID>adm user?

Please do reply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have checked the compatibility of your ECC and Oracle 10g with 32 bit OS. Normally we are using 64bit OS?

Note: you can reduce/increase the number of parallel processes/jobs for ABAP import according to RAM ( 1.5 GB RAM for 1 process - thumb rule).

Thanks,

Subrata