cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this symbol mean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, when I try to process a dimension, it comes up with message that dimension was processed, but it also has some errors. Please see the link to the screen shot, what do the symbols on left mean? I know there are some others as well, is there a list of symbols I can review?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Fcp5nFNeb3PJcAKbqApj0PveTWjh84PY0Dsg_eKAxI/edit?hl=en&authkey=C...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are trying to delete some of the members (A1000,C1000...) which are being used in applications. First delete the data from applications which are being used this dimension and try to process it again.

Hope it helps...

regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju, I know what the error is. I have a question about the different symbols that show up on left side. there are few different kind- if someone could explain what each means? or provide a link to an article?

Thanks.

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean the yellow exclamation points? Those are the traditional SAP symbol for a warning message which you should pay attention to but which doesn't result in a failure of the job you ran.

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ethan, is there an article which will show all different symbols and what they stand for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically, there are 3 symbols. Success with a green check. Warning with an exclamation sign with a triangle (the way you are getting now). Error with a cross inside a red circle.

I dont think there is any article which talks about these symbols.

Hope this helps.

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never seen one

At a basic level, it's just green = good (job succeeded, just an informational message), yellow = warning (job finished but might have issues), red = error (which means your job has failed). Usually green is a square, yellow is a triangle, and red is a circle, but I'm not sure if that's always true in BPC.

Ethan

(Note to self: refresh before answering. Perhaps I should just change this message to "What Nilanjan said"!)

Edited by: Ethan Jewett on Jan 4, 2011 4:05 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wasn't able to access the screenshot link you provided but it may be related to the SAP Note 1356081. It talks about the member usage.

Hope this helps.

Santosh