cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.2 Load Balancing Error -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had SAP GUI 6.4 on my old laptop which crashed. I got a new laptop and decided to download and install SAP GUI 7.2. I trasferred my old SAPLOGON.ini from my zip drive.

All SIDs show up under connection in SAP GUI 7.2 but when I click on them I get the following error-

Load balancing error 88: Cannot connect to message server (rc=9)

When I ask to see for more information I see this error-

Additional error informaiton:

Error: service '?' unknown

Tue Jan 04 23:06:40 2011

Release 720

component NI (network interface), version 40 rc=3, Detail NIErrSet

Any idea?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW did you know that you can specify the port numbers directly in the INI file and avoid having to update the services file altogether?

Basically when you enter the message server on the group dialog, append the name with a colon (:) and add the port number.

See SAP note 1685221 for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude, you rock!!!

Been working with SAP for 16 years now and did not about this. Thanks a bunch for the post and the note number.

I hate being the last turnip to fall off the cart.

Sincerely,

Stephen Ferracioli

mark_naylor2
Explorer
0 Kudos

It sounds like the Windows SERVICES file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\services) on your PC is missing the port definitions for your load-balanced systems. These port definitions are not automatically created when installing SAP GUI and must match the system definitions in your SAPLOGON.INI file.

For instance if you SID is "PRD" and your Instance Number is "10" then the entry in SERVICES would look like this:

sapmsPRD 3610/tcp

You may be able to copy this information from the SERVICES file on a working PC to the file on your PC.

Normally this is a protected Windows configuration file so modifying this file will require Admin rights on the local PC.

This is just a text file so you should be able to modify the file with NOTEPAD or another text file editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just fixed this issue too but at the end of service document a blank line is needed. Otherwise it don't work.

phil_limbacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just fixed this issue with 7.20.  I had to add the port definition (as Mark notes) using the data from the saplogon.ini file.  Be sure to leave the blank line at the end of the service document (as Florian notes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave -

Formatting for the 7.20 version is different then the 6.40. (I also believe it changed from the 7.10 as well)

You would probably be best to re-add the SAP systems into the INI for the new version of the SAP GUI you have.

Depending if the OS on your new laptop has changed, (XP to win7, etc.) If no enviroment variable is set for the INI (SAPLOGON_INI_FILE), please keep in mind that with Windows 7, the default is,

<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows

Regards,

Zecher