cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBYC Settings for UMB (Material Ledger)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

we are using price control 3S -> Standard Prices.

At month end for actual price calculation the inventory revaulation (change standard to actual price / OBYC settings in UMB) is assigned to account A (depending on Valuation Class) + account B (for OBYC PRD)

If I change the Standard Price for the same product the amount posted is also assigned to the same account A.

My problem is that is want to use different accounts (not A + A, but A + C). Is it possible to add two different type of setting in OBYC UMB, one for revaulation Standard Price - Actual Price one for Standard Price - new Standard Price? If possible, how to do it?

many thanks in advance for your help/feedback!!!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

We welcome you to SDN!

If I have understood your requirement correctly, what you want is to hit a different account

1. When Std cost from CK11N is changed

2. When std cost is replaced by actual price of the previous month

I dont think that is possible because any change in std cost hits UMB, irrespective of the reason of change... Even if you change manualy from MR21, it is going to hit UMB only

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

you understood correctly, but I do not like your answer:-) What you are saying is there is no chance to split the differences to separate accounts via OBYC settings, right? Do you have any proposal for an alternative?

many thanks in advance,

Michael

Edited by: Michael1508 on Jan 6, 2011 10:31 AM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Am sorry, but there is no workaround as far as my knowledge goes

Regards

Ajay M

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

there is a workaround:

You can use the 'reason for price change'.

First you have to maintain / create such reason in SPRO under following path:

controlling - product cost controlling - Actual Costing - Reason for price changes

There you can create entries for different modes of price changes, e.g. change to standard costing, or change to actual price. and add an account modifier to the reason.

Reasons for Price Changes

Use

In this Customizing activity you specify the reasons for a price change.

You can assign one posting reason and one Account Grouping Code to the transactions MR21 Price Changes and MR22 Credit/Debit Material.

The account grouping code allows you to make the posting, depending on the reason, to a revaluation account that differs from the one in the standard settings.

If you have activated account determination using an account grouping code for price difference accounts, the posting can also be made to a different price difference account. In this case, you have to define price difference accounts for all account grouping codes that are assigned to a reason.

You can also assign an Origin Group to a reason for price changes. This means that depending on the reason, the system posts to an inventory valuation relevant cost component for the actual cost component split.

Requirements

You have already completed the following steps:

1. In Customizing choose Materials Management -> Valuation and Account Assignments -> Account Determination -> Account Determination without Wizard -> Configure Automatic Postings.

2. Choose Account Assignment.

3. Check the account determination for transaction UMB:

a) Double click on the charts of accounts entry for transaction UMB . The account determination table appears.

b) Enter the account grouping code and assign it to the account you want the postings to be made to.

4. If you have activated account determination using an account grouping code for price difference accounts, adjust the account determination for transaction PRD. Define accounts for all account grouping codes that are assigned to price change reasons:

a) Double click on the charts of accounts entry for transaction PRD. The account determination table appears.

b) Enter the account grouping code and assign it to the account you want the postings to be made to.

5. If you want to assign an origin group to a reason for price changes, make sure that an inventory valuation relevant cost element is assigned to the relevant accounts and the origin group. To do this, in Customizing choose Controlling -> Product Cost Controlling -> Product Cost Planning -> Basic Settings for Material Costing -> Define Cost Component Structure.

The quote is from the documentation ffor ERP 6.0 Enhancement pack 5. The remarks about origin groups are only valid for that newest release, while the reason code + account modifier exists since 4.6

You can use the reason also in CKME, when releasing standard cost estimates.

best regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

many thanks for the proposal Udo, I'll check if it is possible for us to implement. Keep you updated on our success.

kind regards,

Michael