cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch wise stock for a given period or month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company wants to implement stock ageing report in MM.

We manage the stocks in Batches. For us the main criteria for stock ageing is batch creation date.

The report should run stock ageing based upon the date range given as an input screen

For ex : date range in input can be of today or as of 30.06.2010.

If the report is run as of today then I am able to get the batch stock from table MCHB . Quantity from field "CLABS" and the batch creation date from the field "ERSDA"

But if the report to be run as of 30-06-2010. Then I am not able to get the data from MCHBH as of 30.06.2010.

I have checked for one material in the table and as per stock it should be 351 as of 30-06-2010 but in the MCHBH table for the month 06. year 2010 it is showing as 136 pcs only.

As our LIS tables are not getting populated correctly I am not able to check those tables too.

Can any one guide me with the logic or the table where I can get the batch stocks for a particular month.

I need Material, Batch, Quantity month and year .

Please advice how can i get the data and from which table.

Thanks you for your support in advance.

Regards

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor

I am not sure what you really want. One part sounds like you want a report with the functionality of MB5B on batch level, while another part sounds more like MC46/MC50 on batch level, and in some parts it sounds to me that you want do shelf life expiration date check.

regarding what you understand by looking into MCHBH, Please read OSS note 193554

It explains the SAP design, how the history tables are updated and it may help to retrieve your value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply. I am not looking for any analysis report or LIS report.

i am looking for simple ageing report for a date entered by the user. I got the logic and tables for the current date but if i need to refer the stock ageing of previous date like my stock ageing at 30-06-2010. I am not able to get any tables where i can have the batch stock for a given date or a month.

The report output format to be

stock <=30 days

stock>30 and <=90

stock>90 and <=180

stock>180 days

The criteria for calculation will be the date entered by the user in the input screen. If the user enters the date as 30-06-2010 then all the stock received in the month of june and still lying in my storage location will fall the category <=30 and display in the report.

Stocks received in the month of march, april and may will fall under the category "stock >30 and <=90".

If I can get the batch wise stock for a particular month , I can pick the posting date of the Goods receipt from the batch number and calcuate my ageing (i.e date entered in the input scren of the report 30-06-2010 - batch posting date).

I am also referring to the note which you have sent but in the mean while if you can help me to identify the tables where I can get the batch stock for a particular month.

Thanks

Fazal.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the batch stock is only stored in MCHB and MCHBH tables.

you can use function module MCHB_EXTEND to read MCHBH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think based on what you said, only MB5B can solve your problem.

Regards

Antonio