cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start SBO Mailer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum,

I am having issues with being able to email invoices etc out of SAP. In this particular scenario, SAP is integrated to an exchange server. When I check to see if the SBO Mailer service is running i find it isn't and i am unable to start it either through the SAP service manager and through the administrative tools -> Services.

I have checked the systems event viewer and it reports the following:

The description for Event ID 62 from source SBOMail cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Application init failed

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

I am going to look to reinstall the server tools however, is there anything else I should try or select as part of the reinstall other than the 'Mailer' option?

Regards,

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue with one of my customers where I cannot start the mailer using the server name, but need to use the IP Addess instead. See if that assists?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Have your searched the forum? There are quite a few threads discussing similar problem. Check this first:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

I have followed these steps but accidentaly omiited them from my original post:

Exit the Service Manger.

Open "start" and search for it in Programmes.

Right click on this Icon and use " use as Administrator".

Open it and try to use the Buttons.

I have also ensured the correct SMTP IP address has been entered. When I click on 'Test Connection' it informs me that it has been successful.

Like I've said, i will look to perform a reinstall of the server tools however, is there anything i need to be particularly vigiliant of regarding the re-install. I have selected the 'Custom install' and ensured the Mailer option is selected as well as all other settings.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstall is a simple process. Make sure it is clean. If the reinstall still fail, search forum for more cases.