cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print report in Draft and Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a proplem when preview crystal report in Document .

I make a form using Crystal report for Incoming payment, then i import to it.

For example

When i create a document in Incoming Payment and save it. There is no problem with the crystal report.

But if i save the data as a draft. then i preview it , the report that i make in crystal report become blank.

After i check, the table is different when i save as a draft.

My question is How to make a dynamic crystal report so i can preview the report as a draft and preview it when the data have saved in original table ?

Thanks in advance

regards

Jia Shun

Edited by: Jia Shun on Jan 10, 2011 4:44 AM

Edited by: Jia Shun on Jan 10, 2011 4:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jia Shun,

I had the same issue for printing A/R Invoices - I created a Crystal Report based on a SQL View, works fine with A/R Invoice document, but the Draft Invoice printing has 3 pages: 1st page blank, 2nd page with watermark "DRAFT", 3rd page my Crystal Report layout without any data. When printing normally it is only 1 page.

Here is what I did as a work around:

Create two SQL Views, one select from OINV (joining INV1 and other tables needed), the other select from ODRF (joining DRF1 and other tables needed), for the draft printing.

Create two identicle Crystal Reports, only difference are: datasource location (from different views), the "draft" crystal report has a watermark section.

Go to Administration>System Initialization>Print Preferences and uncheck "Print draft watermark..."

Import both crystal reports. Invoice can be printed normally. But the Draft Invoice has more steps: Open Draft document report, change settings so it shows the DocEntry in the Draft Table. Select and open the desired document, hit Print Preview, and enter the DocEntry, it displays the layout with data and "DRAFT" watermark.

This is a workaround. I don't like it because it is not scalable - too much workload if you want to print 100 invoices.

Hopefully someone will provide a better solution.

regards,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about creating a single Crystal Report based on a stored procedure that has two parameters, @DocKey and @ObjectID. When @ObjectID = 24 then use the ORCT tables, when @ObjectID = 112 (Draft Document or Print Preview) then use the ODRF tables?

I've never tried the above with Payments but it works 100% with Marketing Documents - one Crystal and one stored procedure works for all Marketing Documents Sales & Purchases, added documents, drafts and print preview.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kvbalakumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jia Shun,

Try this,

Goto Banking -> Banking Reports -> Payment Drafts Report

In the window opened, just select the 'Payment Draft' that you want to preview (Don't open by double clicking)

Now click print preview, you will get the 'Print Preview' correctly.

Checked with SAP's Generic sample, you may check this link to download the same

[Crystal Reports - Generic Sample|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000882672009E/Generic_Layout.zip]

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balakumar,

Thanks for your respond

I have try the Generic Report Sample

I still have the problem

I use one of the sample, and import it to outgoing payment. When i print in outgoing payment document, it preview normally. But when i make a document out going payment and save it as a draft . then I go to Banking -> Banking Reports -> Payment Drafts Report and i print i t as a draft the data become blank. I use the same sample Generic Crystal report. I think the table is different between draft and the table original.

Do you know how to solve it ??

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Jia Shun

kvbalakumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jia,

What is your SAP Version and Patch?

Did the Outgoing payment is based on Vendor Invoices (not on Account / PLA type)?

Whether the same draft document was able to print preview correctly after saving to the original document or not?

Regards,

Bala