cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical text orientation for table column captions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to display a ralatively sparse 2D matrix containing just a cross (X) or corresponding icon.

The columns header have a caption, which can be relatively long. The best way to avoid a horizontal scrollbar ist to have the orientation of the caption vertical.

Is it possible to set such a property for WD table columns?

kind regards,

Sahla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you get this working?

I was able to rotate the column header labels using css:

columnLable.onAfterRendering = jQuery.proxy(function (oEvent) {
this.$().css("transform", "rotate(-90deg)");
}, columnLable);

However, the rotated label is not tall enough to display the entire texts.

If I set the columnHeaderHeight of the table:

table.setColumnHeaderHeight(125);

The column header became longer/taller, but the column header labels still do not expand to occupy the entire space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tht is possible for the column values.......if u set it as TEXTEDIT format......

for caption it is like u an type the TEXT as long as 255 characters.....OR ELSE TO CAN BIND IT TO ANY ATTRIBUTE ALSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer. But I didn't really get the point.

For the cellEditor of type TextEdit, I couldn't find a way to set the text orientation to vertical. the direction can be set either from left to tright or from right to left.

For the caption, I didn't understand what you mean. Could you please give me more explanation?

kind regards,

Sahla

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you found a solution for this please? I have the same problem!

Kind Regards

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christiaan,

unfortunately, I didn't find a way to display column captions vertically. There is however the possibility to define tooltips with the long texts and restrict the columns width to a ceratin width.

kind regards,

Sahla

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Did you try the wrap option for the header. Use the wrap optiond and set the width to 2 0r 3, i hope header will be displayed in the vertical format.

Regards,

MAdhu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Use the wrap optiond and set the width to 2 0r 3, i hope header will be displayed in the vertical format.

The wrap option will help conserve space, but will not force the captions to be vertical.