cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KP97 copy errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to execute KP97 from a Version 4 (template) to Version 2 (plan). However, when reconciling the two versions using at S_ALR_87013611, there are amounts planned costs that appear in version 2 that is not in version 4.

I tried copying using Reset and Overwrite but the problem still exists. It's weird that there are additional costs appearing when the original document doesn't have.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the F1-documentation for the reset and overwrite setting says:

"The system resets all data in the target version for the corresponding business transaction, and overwrites it using data in the template version"

To me this means that when copying an entry for Cost center A / cost element X from the reference version an existing entry in the target version for Cost center A / cost element X is replaced.

It does not mean, however, that an existing entry for Cost center B / cost element Y in the will be set to zero, when no new entry for this combination of cost center and cost element is copied from the reference version.

In your case, apparently there was data in the target version before you started the copying and all the data that hasn't been replaced by new values when copying remains present in the target version.

Regards

Nikolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification on that one!

So, what would you suggest I should do so PV4 and PV2 would be exactly the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

copy an totally empty version to your target version (use reset/overwrite).

Check if the target version is empty after that.

Now copy the existing plan data from source version to your target version.

This should ensure that the data that have been copied are the same.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be sure you get nothing but the values from PV4 in PV2 you would first have to set PV2 to zero using the same planing transactions that were used to create those values (TC KP06 and possibly others if you have done any IO settlements or whatever in PV02). Once PV2 shows only zero values you can copy.

Or strting from where you are now, set only those values to zero that are not in PV4.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your help!