cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size Limit of Result Set Exceeded in Advanced Analysis for Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting a "Size Limit of Result Set Exceeded" error when performing a drill-down in Advanced Analysis for Excel. Is the limit 65,000 rows in Excel? I was able to get a drill-down of 39,000 rows to work, but failed when I exceeded 60,000 rows.

I am using Advanced Analysis for Excel v1 SP5 and Excel 2007.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member635832
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody, i have same problem now too, anyone found solution please?

matthewn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Bex Analyzer works with old version of MS office i.e .XLS format. Which has the limitation of 65K records. Save the Bex Analyzer Workbook in .XLSM or XLSB format and reopen the workbook and try to re-fresh the workbook with selection, you can view nearly 0.15 - 0.3 million rows.

Thanks,

Matthew Jones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,  I've tried that workaround, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone;

I am running advanced analysis reports on HANA as datasource and I am getting the message Size Limit of Result Set Exceeded whenever I have a larger output. I have noticed that in the admin guide and in other SCN posts about this setting in Windows Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\AdvancedAnalysis\Settings\DataSource]

"ShowBicsSample"="True"

"ResultSetSizeLimit"="-1"

But I am having hard time finding this setting in my windows registry; can someone help me understand why I don't have it in my registry? and how to find it and change this setting?

FYI...I am using Office 2010.

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are trying to verify/change in Windows7 then you will find this under Wow6432Node.

Thanks

Pavan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.  I'm on Windows 7 and it only lists Microsoft under that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

65K limit - no.

please read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far I'm aware this should just come up as a warning and it should show you how many rows were cut off. So, if you have more than the 65k rows, then it will display as many as it can and the warning message will explain how many rows were cut off.

Your issue sounds like it could be down to the universe settings if you're connecting to a universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I receive the same message : "Size limit of result set exceeded" during the navigation of a Bex Query.

In the log file, find this error: Invalid axis tuple size\: Provider Result set ROWS.

Regards.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, first of all i suggest you to upgrade the version of Advanced Analysis and then to write this setting in window registry :

"ShowBicsSample"="True"

Regards.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone;

I am running advanced analysis reports on HANA as datasource and I am getting the message Size Limit of Result Set Exceeded whenever I have a larger output. I have noticed that in the admin guide and in other SCN posts about this setting in Windows Registry:

"ShowBicsSample"="True"

But I am having hard time finding this setting in my windows registry; can someone help me understand why I don't have it in my registry? and how to find it and change this setting?

FYI...I am using Office 2010.