I need your help !!!
We are testing the peformance of our reports and want to know the exact time, the report takes without using any cache built up on the reporting, SAP or the MDX side. We have inactivated the cache on the SAP side. But, we dont know how to clear the cache on the MDX side. Can you pls help us and provide a quick procedure to access MDX cache and how can we clear it ?
Thanks in advance !!
Thanks for replying. I am using Microstrategy on top of SAP BI. I my basics are not clear on the MDX part. So, it would be great if you could help.
1. Where does MDX reside? Is it on SAP BI or another Database.
2. How do we access MDX ? Is it through SAP BI transaction or the reporting tool that sits on top of SAP BI?
3. How do we access the cache that gets created on MDX and purge it?
I was searching for MDX Cache. And I came across your questions.
We are presently trying to improve query performance by filling MDX Cache using Broadcaster. And this query will then be read by Microstrategy Reports.
My questions are:
1. We should do "Fill OLAP Cache" or "fill MDX Cache" when we are using a third party tool, in this case Microstatregy?
2. Microstrategy Report creates Cache Entry in cache monitor and then reads this cache (if same variables are used). Does this means it is MDX Cache? or OLAP Cache?
It will be really helpful if you can provide some advice and guide!
Please note that you have posted into the wrong forum and I have therefore moved the thread.
The Business Intelligence Solution Architecture is for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI products
Thanks and Regards
Does the MDX Query Cache act same as OLAP cache?
I mean does the MDX query holds the cache for a user session?
For example, if a user logon and runs a MDX query in MDXTEST tcode and re-runs the same query after re-login is the cache still valid?
We are using a dashboard tool for reporting and use MDX queries on the BW side. But looks like cache gets invalid if he relogin to the dashboard tool.
Not sure if this is an issue from SAP side or dashboard tool..