cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access MDX and clear MDX cache???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need your help !!!

We are testing the peformance of our reports and want to know the exact time, the report takes without using any cache built up on the reporting, SAP or the MDX side. We have inactivated the cache on the SAP side. But, we dont know how to clear the cache on the MDX side. Can you pls help us and provide a quick procedure to access MDX cache and how can we clear it ?

Thanks in advance !!

Regards

Niranjana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what reporting tool you are using to create your reports.

If you are using Voyager, simply restart the MDAS server should clear out any cache.

If you are using Crystal or Webi then restart those servers as well and all cache will be deleted.

Cheers,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for replying. I am using Microstrategy on top of SAP BI. I my basics are not clear on the MDX part. So, it would be great if you could help.

1. Where does MDX reside? Is it on SAP BI or another Database.

2. How do we access MDX ? Is it through SAP BI transaction or the reporting tool that sits on top of SAP BI?

3. How do we access the cache that gets created on MDX and purge it?

Regards

Niranjana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does the MDX Query Cache act same as OLAP cache?

I mean does the MDX query holds the cache for a user session?

For example, if a user logon and runs a MDX query in MDXTEST tcode and re-runs the same query after re-login is the cache still valid?

We are using a dashboard tool for reporting and use MDX queries on the BW side. But looks like cache gets invalid if he relogin to the dashboard tool.

Not sure if this is an issue from SAP side or dashboard tool..

Please suggest.

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Please note that you have posted into the wrong forum and I have therefore moved the thread.

The Business Intelligence Solution Architecture is for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI products

Thanks and Regards
Roland Hoeller

Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjana,

I was searching for MDX Cache. And I came across your questions.

We are presently trying to improve query performance by filling MDX Cache using Broadcaster. And this query will then be read by Microstrategy Reports.

My questions are:

1. We should do "Fill OLAP Cache" or "fill MDX Cache" when we are using a third party tool, in this case Microstatregy?

2. Microstrategy Report creates Cache Entry in cache monitor and then reads this cache (if same variables are used). Does this means it is MDX Cache? or OLAP Cache?

It will be really helpful if you can provide some advice and guide!

Thanks,

Sapna

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this forum is about the SAP BusinessObjects BI Solution Architecture. I would suggest you post your question into the SAP BW forum.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

brian_keenan
Contributor
0 Kudos

The mdx cache cannot be viewed like the OLAP cache, buy if you regenerate the query it will purge the MDX cache