SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module for upload appraisal data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to SLCM(Student lify cycle management). i have to upload appraisal data from excel to SAP. My excel contains

1.Module id

2.Academic Year

3.Academic session

4.Event package

5.Booking Status

6.Student ID

7.Start Date

8.End Date

9.Marks/ Grade

10.Appraisal Status

11.Remarks

For this requirement i tried the below function moduels:

HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPR_CREATE,HRIQ_AGR_APPMOD_CREATEFROMDATA,HRIQ_APPRAISAL_CREATEFROMDATA.

Nothing works. please let me know the function module which will fit for the above mentioned requirement.

Regards

Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bhaskar, try this FM: HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE

We are using it. We also use HRIQ_ENQUEUE_OBJECT and HRIQ_DEQUEUE_OBJECT before and after calling it, to block object.

Diego

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bhaskar, try this FM: HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE

We are using it. We also use HRIQ_ENQUEUE_OBJECT and HRIQ_DEQUEUE_OBJECT before and after calling it, to block object.

Diego

0 Kudos

Diego, will the function module suggested you will change the status of student from booked to completed successfully?

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vinod, you can change the status using this FM, or using the BADI at SPRO --> SLCM --> SLCM Processes --> Appraisal --> Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) --> BAdI: Appraisal and Module Booking Data

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

Thanks for your immediate reply. i tried this, but couldnt see the appraisal overview for the same in PIQSMFU tcode. may i know how to input the appraisal ID?

Regards

Bhaskar

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bhaskar, you can find the AGRID at the table PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM.

You can get it by filtering on that table by the MODREG_ID field, with the ID value that is stored at HRPAD506 table (additional booking data).

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

Thanks for your reply.

i am aware of that table PIQBAGR_ASSIGNM, my concern is, when am trying to execute the mentioned function module, what are the fields i have to input, i guess am missing something. please suggest

I_APPRAISAL:::

Appraisal ID

Repetition Attempt Number

Appraisal Type

Appraisal Status

Appraisal Archiving Status

Appraisal Remark

Academic Year

Academic Session

Appraisal Validity

Start of Appraisal Validity

End of Appraisal Validity

Earliest Appraisal Date

Latest Appraisal Date

Appraisal Relationship Information

Last Day of Attendance

Grade Symbol

Std Value for Scale Value

Academic Scale Identification (ID)

Appraisal Grade Not Relevant

Appraisal Date

Appraisal Completed

GUID - Unique Note Identifier

I_APPEE::

Object Type

Extended Object ID

Plan Version

I_ASSIGNM:::

Plan Version

Object Type

Extended Object ID

Infotype

Relationship Specification

Relationship Between Objects

Planning Status

Priority

Start Date

End Date

Variation Field for File PLOG

Number of Infotype Record with Same Key

Type of Related Object

ID of Related Object

Module Booking Identification

I_APPSER:::

Sequence Number of Function

Object Type of the Appraiser

Identification (ID) of the Appraiser

Plan Version

Function Exercised (Abbreviation

I_TEXT:::

Appraisal ID

Language Key

Appraisal (Description)

I_PAD506:::

Module Booking Status

Cancellation Reason

Cancellation Date

Attempted Credits

Earned Credits

Unit of Measurement for Credits

Booking Date

Booking Time

Alternative Assessment Method for Module

Free of Charge

External Academic Work or Qualification Transferred

Event Package

Session Variant

Academic Session

Academic Year

Academic Scale Identification (ID)

Module Booking Reason

Exclusion Indicator for Module Bookings

Change Lock

Conditional Booking

Regards

Bhaskar

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check the following documentation:

FU HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE

Short text

Create Appraisal for Module Booking

Functionality

Create/Update Module Final Appraisal

Before the system creates a final appraisal for a module booking, it processes the customer enhancement HRPIQ00GRADING. Your implementation of this enhancement determines the administrative data the final appraisal contains. When you save the final appraisal, the system saves the booking and updates any data that was changed.

This function module has the following parameters:

I_LOCK (optional)

This parameter indicates if the object (module) should be locked after the appraisal run.

I_APPRAISAL (mandatory)

In this parameter, you enter appraisal data like appraisal type, appraisal status, and the academic year and session to which the appraisal relates.

The AGRBEGDA, AGRENDDA, AGRDATEE, AGRDATEL, and AGRWEIGHT fields are currently not taken into account in appraisal processing. However, their use in future enhancements is already defined.

When you create an appraisal which is dependent on a higher-level appraisal, the higher-level appraisal is referenced in the UPAGRID field.

You also specify the assigned grade symbol, grade value, grading scale, Grade Not Relevant (AGRNOTRATED) and Appraisal Complete (AGRCOMPLETED) indicator values, and the appraisal date in the structure I_APPRAISAL.

I_FOLLUP (optional)

If you want to create credits for an appraisal, you must enter a value in this parameter. You can only create credits for a final appraisal.

I_APPEE

You enter the appraisee data in the structure I_APPEE. You can only specify an appraisee for the final appraisal.

I_APPSER

You enter the appraiser data in the structure I_APPSER.

I_ASSIGNM

You enter the appraised object and the module booking in the structure I_ASSIGNM. As each module booking has its own GUID, you only need to enter the booking GUID in the MODREG_ID field. You can only enter an appraised object for the final appraisal.

I_TEXT

You enter the appraisal description in the parameter I_TEXT.

IT_ELEMENT (optional)

The system transfers the elements of an appraisal and their grades to table IT_ELEMENT. The appraisal dialog currently allows you to enter only one element per appraisal type.

I_PAD506

You enter the module booking data in the parameter I_PAD506.

I_INPUT_CHECK

If you set the I_INPUT_CHECK indicator, the system checks the semantics and permissibility of the transferred values based on Customizing settings and the ABAP Dictionary.

It lists conflicts in the export table ET_RETURN.

E_AGRID

When the system has successfully created an appraisal, it returns the appraisal GUID in the parameter E_AGRID.

CT_ELEMENT

The system also assigns a GUID to each appraisal element.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arani,

Why you want to load appraisal data? Is it a conversion program or an Interface? If it is an Interface, I will suggest to explore the function group of RFC suggested by Diego. You will find a get RFC which gets these informations you mentioned here.

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

Thanks for the documentation, i have seen that in Function module documentation. i was little confused with the input values. i think i have to explore.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

I tried this way, please correct me where am wrong,

I_APPRAISAL:::

Appraisal ID

Appraisal Type - 002

Appraisal Status - 001

Appraisal Archiving Status

Appraisal Remark - 10

Academic Year - 2011

Academic Session - 051

Start of Appraisal Validity - 20.01.2011

End of Appraisal Validity - 20.01.2011

Earliest Appraisal Date

Latest Appraisal Date

Appraisal Relationship Information

Last Day of Attendance

Grade Symbol - B

Academic Scale Identification (ID) - 0001

Appraisal Grade Not Relevant

Appraisal Date

Appraisal Completed - X

GUID - Unique Note Identifier

I_APPEE::

Object Type - ST

Extended Object ID - 50025405

Plan Version - 01

I_ASSIGNM:::

Plan Version - 01

Object Type - SM

Extended Object ID - 50025698(module ID)

Infotype - 1001

Relationship Specification - B

Relationship Between Objects - 506

Planning Status - 1

Priority - 50

Start Date - 01.01.2011

End Date - 31.03.2011

Variation Field for File PLOG

Number of Infotype Record with Same Key

Type of Related Object - ST

ID of Related Object - 50025405

I_APPSER:::

Sequence Number of Function

Object Type of the Appraiser

Identification (ID) of the Appraiser

Plan Version

Function Exercised (Abbreviation

I_TEXT:::

Appraisal ID

Language Key

Appraisal (Description)

I_PAD506:::

Module Booking Status - 01(booked)

Cancellation Reason

Cancellation Date

Attempted Credits

Earned Credits

Unit of Measurement for Credits

Booking Date

Booking Time

Alternative Assessment Method for Module

Free of Charge

External Academic Work or Qualification Transferred

Event Package

Session Variant

Academic Session - 051

Academic Year - 2011

Academic Scale Identification (ID) - 0001

Module Booking Reason

Exclusion Indicator for Module Bookings

Change Lock

Conditional Booking

I hope i missed some field values, please let me know what are missed fields and let me know how to get appraisal ID ?

Thanks in advance

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using FM:HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE, am able to create module assesment data. not able to create sublevel(individual course assessment).

pls suggest on this.

Regards

Bhaskar

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

do you mean that you want to create an appraisal type that is below the upper level appraissal?

Please check that in I_APPRAISAL structure you are filling the UPAGRID field with the AGRID of the upper appraisal.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply, yes your answer works. Now am facing issue with updating appraisals.

With the above mentioned FM am able to upload both top and sub appraisal data successfully. when i am trying to update existing appraisal data, sub appraisal updation is happening properly, but not top appraisal.

Please suggest on this.

Thanks and Regards

Bhaskar

0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

Diego asked me to give a look at your post. As you might have clear by now, the FM is usefull both to create as well as to modify an appraisal. The difference lays in indicating the AGRID corresponding to the apparaisal (+ UPAGRID if it's not the top appraisal) you're working with. Sending the corresponding AGRID will indicate that this new apparail must be written "over" the old one. If you forget to send the AGRID, a new appraisal will be inserted generating inconsistencies in the database.

If you're working on a Excel spreadsheet, you should be careful to either have the existing AGRID on your spreadsheet, or before inserting, check if the appraisal exists already, get the AGRID and add it to your IMPORT structures.

In our scenario (web application), when we want to modify an existing appraisal, the structures we include the AGRID in are:

• I_APPRAISAL-AGRID

• I_TEXT-AGRID

• CT_ELEMENT-AGRID (only for top appraisal -maybe you're missing this considering your last comment about top level appr update failing-)

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael and Diego,

Sorry for delayed reply.

it works. Thanks a ton for your wonderful assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar requirement.

I have to update values of some custom fields in HRPAD506 table based on ADATANR.

Can you please help me with this.

Thanks DUTTAD.

0 Kudos

Hello DUTTAD:

If you need masive changes, and considering they are custom fields I'd go for a ABAP report. You will input your ADATANRs and define the criteria to change your values.

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am developing a report...where I will upload a file and capture the data to an internal table.

But my doubt is how do I update HRPAD506 values based on ADATANR. IS there any FM available

Thanks for your reply Michael

0 Kudos

Can't say DEFINETELY NO, but I would bet there isn't a FM for this.

Bear in mind that for each ADATANR number you process, you'll have 2 records to consider. Every pair of objects related in HRP1001 have technically the A and B relationship. I imagine you should update both.

Michael