cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order in SRM Error in process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are using extended classic scenario . SRM 5.0 , ECC 6.0.

There is a PO on SRM with status 'Error in Process ' in process .But I checked the line items of the POs. PO has been successfully created and also transfered to ECC for all the line items. In ECC too the PO is visible.

Then why the status of the PO is not 'ordered' ? How can I do to change this status to 'ordered' ?

Please let me know how to find out the root cause of the issue as well as how to resolve the same .

Regards,

Saurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as per experience using SRM 4.0 EBP classic scenario, the said error happens when the cost distribution was splitted to 99 or more cost centers. As per investigation before, this is a SAP standard limitation when creating a PR or PO. Solution to this is to reduce the # of cost distribution lines/items.

sayana_anji
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

Could you please tell me, how did you solve this issue. I'm having the same type of issue.

Creation of shoppingcart thro'MDM catalog. It is approved. Local Purchase order is not getting
created because of the following error and it is not replicated to the ECC 6.0.
in Application monitor in SRM 7.0 Portal screen.

1. Backend error: Enter G/L Account

2. Purchase order still contain faulty items.

3. Issue with error showing Sum of Quantities >1.728< larger than total quantity

PO Status is'error in process'

Regards,

Anjan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 840393 - Error when PO with deleted accounting line replicated to R/3

SYMPTOM

You have implemented the extended classic scenario. You have a PO with an item having multiple account assignment and the PO is replicated to R/3. Later change the PO in SRM and delete one of the accounting lines. However, the changed PO is not replicated to R/3.

Other terms

06410 06 410 Sum of quantities smaller than total quantity

CHECK IT UP .

Can you recreate as stated above ? what is your srm 500 service pack version ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to change the PO status through some function module ?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kedar suggested method is good. Request the Purchaser to do some cosmetic changes like add some text in the PO..i do understand the importance of the purchase order status to the BUYER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed something in the PO header and ordered the PO again , but still the status has not changed.Its still showing 'error in process' and in application monitor i see the following error logs :

PO xxxxxxxxxx: Instance xxxxxxxxxx of object type PurchaseOrder c ould not be changed

PurchOrder xxxxxxxxxx : Purchase order still contains faulty items

PurchOrder xxxxxxxxxx : Sum of quantities >2< larger than total quantity

PurchOrder xxxxxxxxxx : Sum of quantities >6< larger than total quantity

PurchOrder xxxxxxxxxx : Transfer failed

Edited by: saurav agarwal on Jan 21, 2011 1:41 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what did you change in the header.

we assume that you might change some text /description.

however still PO has some wrong data. check all piece of data in the PO.

any UOM issue ? what type of PO . please look at the change history of PO. what is the current status of PO. what is the current version of PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

It seems there are confirmation postings against some of the line items of this P.O.

And the Qty changed is less than that of the already confirmed Qty.

Please ensure that the P.O line item Qty is atleast same as that of the confirmed Qty.

In case everything else looks fine then try to push this P.O manually to ECC using FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC then the status ' In Transfer to Execution system' becomes inactive and the P.O status would changed to either ordered or Error in process in case of any issues.

Hope this helps you in resolving the issue.

Let us know in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,

Teja

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav

Did you resolve this issue?

Hope that you would have understood the issue ?

Did you recreate the issue ?

Did you discuss with Buyer what actions are performed after PO created ? any follow on docuemnts created after the PO

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried trasnfering the PO to ECC again and I am getting error saying 'Purchase order still contain faulty items. Sum of quantities >2< larger than total quantity ' .

Please note that the cost assignment in all the line items of the PO is 100 %. (Also that the PO has already been transfered to ECC)

Please help !!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to make a slight change in the PO ( like changing the description) or title and re-order the PO. That should remove the "error in Process' Status.

Not sure why this happened though.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more info :

Transaction BBP_PD I got the following status:

Description: in transfer to execution system

Inactive = X

I do not see any error log in RZ20

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am curious to know what is the real issue and steps to recreate the same issue

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is due to a program error.

The RFC sessions which are opened during the backend checks (with test run - ON) are not closed properly, because of which the locks on PO objects on ERP side are not deleted.

Backend Consistency Checks should be active in SRM.

Solution

Implement the attached automatic corrections using SAP Note assistant or import the corresponding Support Package.

Note 1366608 - PO status remains in "In Transfer to Execution Syst." -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Were u able to get a solution to this issue ? We are also facing the same issue in SRM 4.0 since a long time.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply ,

I forcibly changed to PO status in SRM to ordered.

Used the functional module - BBP_PD_PO_STATUS_CHANGE_WF & then give the latest version GUID of the PO header, In the IV_STATUS field give 1 & in the field IV_WFL_STARTED_BY give WF-BATCH & then execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks