cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The request could not be submitted for background processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently running CR final release for VS2010. I have automated email sent to me whenever there is an exceptions like below. I am running my console exe on server 2008 R2. After searching online there was only a few forum suggested that this is crystal bug but not sure if this bug still existed on the final release of VS2010 (CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0.zip)

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException:

Error in File 14231382column {2CF4E82A-4777-4B98-9C26-1878FE13A900}.rpt:

The request could not be submitted for background processing. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:

Error in File 14231382column {2CF4E82A-4777-4B98-9C26-1878FE13A900}.rpt:

The request could not be submitted for background processing.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()

at PCF.ReportWriter.Module1.ThreadConvert.ThreadJob() in ....vb:line 966

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the article [Causes of "Background Processing" error|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50a6f5e8-8164-2b10-7ca4-b5089df76b33].

Also, simplify. I'd start with a simple win app (saved data report) make sure that works. Then take off the "saved data", run the app, let the report prompt. Then add logon code. The report must work in each of the previous steps before I'd move to a console app.

And you mention CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0.zip. Does that mean that the app works on your development system?

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek/Don,

Thanks for your response on this.

My application uses multithreading and yes reports are created. In a day there would be one or two errors randomly out of thousand of reports the apps generated. Windows server 2008 R2 does not have VS2010 so I deployed the redistributable x64 and the development system is XP. This isn't an issue.

Interestingly I updated the affected reports after reading the article about the field run off the design page and I haven't gotten any exceptions for the last two days. If the issue hasn't reappear in five days I will mark as answered with explainations.

Note: One or more fields overlap a section. Simply increasing the size of the section may eliminate the issue. There might be time we needed to use watermarks so we have to overlaps. This is just FYI.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to .NET SDK forum....

Search here and in knowledge base for this error. Lots of info and solutions posted.

Thank you

Don