cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during deletion of component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a created a project from track then an activity for a change.

But later i reverted that activity.

Now if i m trying to delete that component from web dynpro perspective it's giving me below error.

Deleting of DIP_VENDOR_D0dc(2fvendor(2fedi(2fpo(2fwd~comp failed.

Unkown error during unsync: Cannot delete mount point if there are still files synced: C:\Documents and Settings\workspace1.jdi\0\DCs\dc\vendor\edi\po\wd\_comp\src\packages\com\wdcomp\AdobePrintView.wdview.xlf

I am using Composite enviorment.

Regards

Punit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

did you manage to delete the DC ?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ervin Szolke,

Thanks for you reply.

But I don't want to delete this DC from that track.

My requirement is to delete this DC from my local machine or my local NWDS.

And create a project again from this track for the same dc in same NWDS.

But it's not allowing me to delete from my nwds by giving this error.

if i am deleting this dc from my workspace then still create project option is in disabled mode and showing a green indication that project is still in my workspace.

Regards

Punit

Edited by: Punit Singh on Feb 3, 2011 10:11 PM

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Puneet,

Please let me know the steps that you are performing to achieve the delete operation.

As far as i have understood your problem you want to delete your project from your Local workspace that is client DTR and not from Server DTR.

Background Understanding:

Please remember one thing, that when you are working in a track, any operation that you perform inside your track, whether it is modification, creation or deletion will be wrapped inside activities.

So, it is not logical to say something like deleting the DC from your client DTR and not from the server DTR.

The reason is, if you perform the delete operation on your DC, your DC will be checked-out in an activity from server DTR specifically for delete operation (Flagged as Checkout for Delete). And when you ultimately Check-in the same activity, the DC will get deleted from the server DTR too.

Solution:

If you just want to create the project structure of your DC once again from the track, then do not delete it from your Local Machine, Simply remove the Development configurations from your NWDS and re-import it once again.

And then create the project structure of your DC once again.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I solved it at my end by closing project then from navigator i deleted.

Regards

Punit

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

first of all please try this: please switch to the perspective in NWDS called "Design Time Repository", navigate to the corresponding file in the "Repository Browser", right click on it and select "Remove from Client".

Additional infos about Deleting a DC:

You can also use the DCTool and its deletedc command as described in here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30d8e1f6-a372-2b10-65af-8a366b91eba7&overrid...

If you have a lower release of DTR webui, then the previously mentioned icons for deletion are not yet available.

You can also doublecheck the note:

#864515 - How To Delete a Development Component

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/864515)

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had the same issue while removing from the client, it has some locally generated file with little house in shape in blue color and it is skipping when I use remove from client. and because of that it say name collision , more than one DC has the same name and vendor as I was unable to remove the DC from Remove from client. Is there is any way to delete the root folder as mentioned in the attached screenshot, appreciate if you could help to resolve the issue  =(

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Puneet,

If you want to delete a DC from your Track then follow the below mentioned procedure.

1) Make sure there are no pending activities related to the DC that you are trying to delete.

2) Open the DTR Web GUI using the URL "http://<host>:<port number>/dtr"

3) Here, Navigate till the path... "ws --> Your Track --> dev --> Inactive --> DCs --> Your DC".

4) On the right side, you will see a delete icon, click on that to delete your DC.

5) An activity will be created for the deletion process.

6) Check-In this activity and later activate it.

Each DC inside your DCs folder has an entry point reference file inside the SCs folder with the extension ".dcref"

So, even if you delete the DC that is present under the DCs folder, but do not delete the ".dcref" file specific to the deleted DC then, the deletion process is said to be partial & hence results into inconsistencies.

Now, you can reload your Track once again into your developer studio and confirm whether the DC is deleted or not.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Delete it form workspace.

BR

Satish Kumar