Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.20 PL4: Input history is not working

walter_haslbeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we're on the way to roll out SAPGUI 7.20 PL4. Now I discoverd a serious bug: Local input history isn't working anymore.

I switched on tracing on SAPGUI to see whats wrong, an the cause is simple: SAPGUI uses comma (,) instead of dot (.) in the generated SQL command for the local MicrosoftJet Database engine. So here is a excerpt from the trace log:

Local DB: CSapHistoryDb::GetHistoryList: SO_VBELN-LOW

Local DB(Error): CSapHistoryDb::GetHistoryList: Microsoft JET Database Engine Syntaxfehler (Komma) in Abfrageausdruck '(HistFieldname = "SO_VBELN-LOW") AND (HistTime >= 40478,353102)'.

Local DB(Error): CSapHistoryDb::GetHistoryList: Microsoft JET Database Engine Syntaxfehler (Komma) in Abfrageausdruck '(HistFieldname = "SO_VBELN-LOW") AND (HistTime >= 40478,353102)'

So, I know the bug, I know the case. Whats next step? Is the bug already known to SAP and fixed in the next release or should I open an support case?

Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this Problem after installing Adobe Reader X (10). After viewing a PDF, the History was gone until I restarted the SAPGUI.

Btw I am from Germany too. I got this Note as Solution from SAP Support:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/867131

###

If the registry value "UseDot" is set to 1 under the path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI front\SAP Frontend Server\LocalData, the comma symbol in SQL statement will be replaced with the dot. This should prevent the SQL execution error.

###

It is an old note, but it worked.

Volker

walter_haslbeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Volker, setting that RegKey fixed the problem for us.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to reinstall the SAP GUI. if the issue is not resolved then you can open a message with SAP.

walter_haslbeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer, but of course I reinstalled it yet (several times). The problem / but shows on every workstation I tested with (Windows XP SP3 32bit and also Windows 7 64bit).

I'm pretty sure the bug is caused by locale setting (we're located in germany). I suppose somewhere deep in the code of SAPGUI is a line like

sprintf(sql, "select foo from bar where fobar > %g", timestamp);

and the programmer isn't aware that there are systems where LC_* isn't set to "C" or something...

Remember, we germans use comma as decimal separator, the rest of the world(?) uses a dot. So if I change the default locale setting on the workstation to use dot (.) as decimal separator, SAPGUI input-history works. But I dont't want to change this setting on >100 workstations (and an don't know if it breaks other software...).

This bug is new in 7.20, with 7.10 we never had this problem.

So I think I will open a support case at SAP.

Walter

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same issue!

I also have the newest GUI + Patch.

When I work in SAP in German, everything is working. If I will logon also in English (with opened German GUIs), then the history is gone...so for me it seems that the problem description of Walter is correct.

Hopefully SAP will fix this with the next Patch