cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Business Process Flow (BPF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a BPF template and instance in BPC 7.5 NW. it is in active status and the user has been given the right authorization. I am unable to see the same in the Interface for web under My activities and Monitor. My system runs on Windows 7 and IE8. Under the active instance report option, does show the template name.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

BSV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the instance of BPF is created, you assign owners to steps of the BPF. These IDs will be able to see the BPF steps in their "My Activities" window.

When you create a BPF template, you assign IDs to the BPF. These users will be able to see the status of the BPF in "Monitor" window.

Hope you got the idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Yes made sure the owner was added to the template. Infact the template/instance created by the user is also the owner and the same user/owner is tryin to see the template in the my activities.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok let me try to understand.

You first created a BPF template. Then you created the instance. After the instance was created, you assigned owner (user A) to steps of the BPF. Did you try to see the activities with the user A?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. I created a template and then an instance.. added a user (USer1) and logged into the interface for web using user1 and it does not show the template in my activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm....this is strange. Please go to the active instance list in BPC admin. Assign owners once again to the same instance and then try again.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, tried it again... issue remains the same! also checked the software components pertaining to flashplayer etc.... all has been installed.

Thanks

BSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is really strange. Can you try with other IDs. Do you have sufficient access maintained in the task profile?

Is the template validated successfully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the admin user to create the template/instance. Yes, the template validated successfully.

Thanks

BSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ID using which you have logged into BPC web and seeing the My Activities, does that ID have all the access with respect to BPF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the user has all the access pertaining to BPF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would request you to try with some other user ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted the template/instances. Changed the Owner/Reviewer dimension member to server\userid. Created and validated a new template. (was successfull). When creating a new instance, I get an error:

BPF: Owner server\ of step region XXXXXX is invalid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nilanjan,

changed back the owner/reviewer to the original format... the instance is crated and valdiated. i am chekcing the authorization properties once again...

the status/owner/reviewer/step name / region are all visible in the archived instances report area. unable to click on any of the steps though....

thanks for all the help!

Edited by: Bharath Viswanathan on Jan 26, 2011 3:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem with BPF's in SAP BPC 7.5 NW.

Did anybody have a solution for this issue?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Make sure the owner and reviewer property are added in the dimension and the user you give under the owner/reviewer property should be a windows domain user.

ex: windowsdomain/windowsdomain user to be maintained under the dimension property

Hope this clears your doubt

Thanks

BSV