Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Production order

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When can we say a production order -"OPEN"?.

If Production order qty is 10 and we had delivered 10 quantities, but order status is not settled. Can we say this order as *closed* or should we say it as open because the settlement is not yet done?. When can we say a Production order as "Open" and when can we say it as a "CLOSED".

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear

Closed is a satus which is set manually.When Order quantity = Delivered Quantity you can say that order is fully delivered but not closed. You can set status of the production order as closed in case of partial deliveries also. There are several other status also which are to be used in different conditions.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for clarification.

When can we say a Production order as a "Open Production Order". IF the total order quantity is delivered, can this order be called as " Open Production order" i mean only ordered quantity is delivered and no other action is done.

If i want to see the list of Production orders, what tcode i need to use.

Thanks in advance.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

No.

Use the transaction code COOIS to get the production orders with respect to material,sales orders etc.

Regards,

Joseph Charles Vaikathussery

former_member467138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Orders are not having DLV status those orders are called as Open orders.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TECO means Technically completed order, means with out full completion of order. That production order stopped because of some reasons. CLOSED means after completion of confirmation and settlement the order is fully closed for further processing.

If the above practice is not done, it is called "open order".

Thanks and regards

chandra

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically once you have any WIP, then the same need to be settled..

Generally either you have any Activity costs( Like labour costs,overhead costs) or quantity costs ( Any quantity to be confirmed for example) ...exist then there is an outstanding variance in the order and need to be settled.You calculate the activitiy costs by multiplying the costs for activities in Routing assigned in KP26 ,with hours ( Say 1 hr 2 rs then 5 hrs its 2*5=10).this is the variable cost.It is possible that there will be a fixed cost also(ex,set up time).

Again you need to have the Cost of BOM quantities correctly calculated as well.

You need to have a standard cost estimate ..

Again you can do a Technical completion( TECO) and run variance and settlement.In the TECO status still the order will be "OPEN" if we have any additional qty to be received to the order. Once everything done...Again check Variance and settle it...

In the production order screen Go to costs-balance in Menu..It will be Zero. Now you can close the order ,Functionsrestrict processing--CLSD. Now no further Postings are allowed and Finace team will take the Order for period end closing.Now this is "CLSD".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

From a logistics point of view if the order attains the status "TECO CNF DLV"then the order is closed.If the order has only REL status it is assumed to be open and will be part of your WIP run.

From controlling side we execute the settlement to ensure any variances if exist get added to the actual cost of the material.

If not settled,the cost moves on to the price differences account.This doesnt generally decide whether the order is open or not.

Regards,

Joseph Charles Vaikathussery

Former Member
0 Kudos

CLSD is a particular status of the order. To achieve this status, the balance order must be zero, i.e., settlement must have carried out.

I would say that your order is delivered (DLV) but not Closed.