cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Reservations Integration Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In our project, during Go-live we dint had manual reservation Integration Model Activated due to some business reason.

whenver a process order is created in R/3, Reservations for Components appear in R/3 and APO.

Now when the components are good Issued in R/3 during Finished Product Process Order, these dependent reservations are not deleted in APO though the stock is reduced. Upon analysis we found that by activating the Manual Reservation Integration Model , these reservation will be deleted and hence both the R/3 and APO System will be in sync.

Now the Problem is when we are trying to do this manual reservation Integration Model activation through Batch Job , activation is taking a very long time. Upon further analysis we found that for the material-Plant combinations, program tries to search records in table RESB and approximately it takes around 5 minutes for each material -plant combinations. In our integration model we have around 2400 Material-Plant Combinations. CFC3 settings for Reservations are select block size of 1000 and filter block size of 512. R/3 version is 4.7.

Table entries in RESB are close to 3.5 Million with 141 Extends.

So just wanted to check with you guys if anybody has experienced this problem before and what resolutions were put in place to addres this ? Are there any SAP Notes available ? I searched but could not found any.

also what would be the best way to go forward? Some of the options i could think are

1) Run the I.M for selected material-Plant Combinations

2) Run the I.M for generic selection Criteria ( i.e AS IS) during Weekend.

Pls share your opinions.

Regards,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes its not easy...

Every reservation is CIF'd to APO. The problem is if the final issue indicator will be unchecked in a manual reservation this reservation must be available in APO. If this reservation is not in APO this could cause inconsistent requirements between APO and R/3. Therefore it is neccessary that reservations with final issue indicator set are available in APO.

The only possible field to decide if a manual reservation should not be sent to APO is the deletion flag. Therefore the only possibility is to use transaction MBVR and delete the reservations with final issue indicator set. This could be done if the flag only completed items will be set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

As i understand from your message that if a final Issue Indicator is unchecked, then those reservations should be present in APO. However i got confused with your below statement

Therefore it is neccessary that reservations with final issue indicator set are available in APO.

I think you might be trying to tell reservations with final issue indicator unchecked ( and not SET) are available in APO.

Regarding Transaction Code MBVR, I have few queries

1) Does this T-CODE MBVR sets the deletion Indicator in Table RESB or does it delete the Reservation permanently from Table.

2) I am not able to locate Completed Items field, which will enable me to delete Reservations. Can you pls let me know the field name.

Pls note that whenever i am trying to delete reservations thorugh t-code MBVR, it gives a message " No Document exists for the Speficied data".

thanks for your assistance,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Can you please update on the solution for this. I am facing a similar issue and don't want to create a new thread.

Regards,

Prem.

Answers (0)