cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports background processing for SAP Business One 8.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Partners,

I have an SDK program developed in SAP Business One SDK that works in 2007, it calls crystal reports externally and can be executed as a background task using the windows schedular or from the command prompt.

My problem is it does not work under SAP Business One SDK 2008 PL18 with SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008.

I receive the following message after this line in my code,"oReport.PrintToPrinter(CopyNo, False, 0, 0)".

'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed.

Error in File XX_Report_Ver_0.01 {1A6620A2-5D73-49D2-9347-32ED068AA64E}.rpt:

Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004100F): Logon failed.

Error in File XX_Report_Ver_0.01 {1A6620A2-5D73-49D2-9347-32ED068AA64E}.rpt:

Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.GetLastPageNumber(RequestContext pRequestContext)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.GetLastPageNumber(ReportPageRequestContext reqContext)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.GetLastPageNumber(ReportPageRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.PrintToPrinter(Int32 nCopies, Boolean collated, Int32 startPageN, Int32 endPageN)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.PrintToPrinter(Int32 nCopies, Boolean collated, Int32 startPageN, Int32 endPageN)

at BGProductionRpt.ECR_Common.ECR_PrintReport(Int32 CopyNo) in C:\SDK Development\8.8\test\XX_Rpt\ECR_Common.vb:line 485'

My Question is what Crystal Reports libraries or other method should I be using ?

Crystal Reports 2008 for SAP Business One eg. 51038978.zip - downloaded from portal obviously dosn't contain the CrystalDecisions libraries.

Crystall Reports 2008 - cr2008_sp3_fullbuild, cr2008fp33.exe, cr2008fp33_mm, cr2008fp33_clickonce - also download from the portal, the cr2008_sp3_fullbuild does contain the crystal decisions libraries.

Finally other choices are crystal reports included with the visual studio 2008 and crystal reports full version direct from Business Objects.

I have tried different versions of crystal decision libraries- eg, 12.0110 or 12.02 but still no joy.

Also if I manage to get the report to fire what should the client be running eg, if they have the Crystal Reports 2008 for Business One do they also need to install the Crystal Reports Run time - cr2008fp33_clickonce.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Since the SDK works in 2007 it will be using the OLD DB access method.

Change the Crystal report to use an OLE DB datasource rather than the SAP Business One data source.

Regards

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob,

The report works now, thanks alot. I still need to find out why it won't work with the SAP datasource but atleast the report prints now.

Answers (0)