cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while opening UWL configuration file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

I am customizing UWL config file. I have download file and saved it to desktop. But while opening that file i am getting following error.

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'uwl_configuration.dtd'. Can you please tell me how to download and customize file.

regards,

Sree.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

You can open XML fime in Taxtpad, Wordpad, XML editor etc and You can download .dtd file from Portal.

Go to System Administration > System Configuration > Universal Worklist & Workflow > Universal Worklist - Administration

Under Universal Worklist Content Configuration, click on "Click to Manage Item Types and view definitions"

At the left bottom you will get the link for "Download DTD"

Place the .dtd file at same locaiton where your XML file is stored.

Open the XML file and you will not get the Error processing resource 'uwl_configuration.dtd'

To edit and modify XML, you need to use any of the above editors which are mentioned. (Taxtpad, Wordpad, XML editor etc)

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I have followed the same procedure what you have explained. But when i am opening XML file with XML editor , it is not opening and not giving any error. But when open with word it is saying "file must contain one root element".

When open with notepad below is the content.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- UWL Configuration can have 0 or 1 Item types and views tag -->

<!ELEMENT UWLConfiguration (Principals?, DescriptionBundles?, Actions?, ItemTypes?, Views?, GlobalDisplayAttributes?, NavigationNode?)>

<!ATTLIST UWLConfiguration

version CDATA "1.0"

>

<!-- Role-Based Navigation Feature i036159 -->

<!-- If the UWL Configuration has Principals tag the configuration will be valid only for the principals indicated in one of the Principal tags -->

<!-- Principal UniqueID should be used as id-->

<!-- Principals? added to UWLConfiguration elements list-->

<!ELEMENT Principals (Principal+)>

<!ELEMENT Principal EMPTY>

<!ATTLIST Principal uniqueID CDATA #REQUIRED>

<!-- RBV Feature 200801111300 -->

<!ELEMENT ItemTypes (ItemType*)>

<!ELEMENT Views (View*)>

<!-- Item type has 0 or 1 of other tags. since it could be inherited there is no need to specify all -->

<!ELEMENT ItemType (Caching?, ItemTypeCriteria?, CustomAttributes?, Actions?, Menu?)>

<!ATTLIST ItemType

name NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

connector CDATA #REQUIRED

defaultView NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

defaultAction NMTOKEN #IMPLIED

executionMode (optimistic|pessimistic|default) "default"

> following file like this........

when i copy the content directly from portal below is the format....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN' 'uwl_configuration.dtd'

>

<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">

<ItemTypes>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS01000096.ESS_Webdynpro" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="ESS_Webdynpro" externalType="TS01000096" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchSAPAction" groupAction="" handler="SAPIACLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

<Property name="IAC" value="WS01000060"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS01000097.ESS_Webdynpro" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="ESS_Webdynpro" externalType="TS01000097" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

Can you please check and let me know if anything is missing.

regards,

Sree.

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

The XML part after your sentence,

when i copy the content directly from portal below is the format.... is correct, but the first part I did not understand what you are trying to get.

As per your previous post you were not able to open the XML file, but now you are able to open it. So is it your problem resolved or still you have some issue.

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushil,

When i saved file to desktop and open it with XML editor or Word , the file is not opening. Here copied from portal in the sense , i have copied content and pasted it to word file. But when download file , why we are not able to open?

regards,

Sree.

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Just do a ctrl+A and copy the entire content from Portal UWL (Standard XML in UWL).

Paste this content into Textpad and save file with some name.xml (e.g: ABC.xml)

Save this .xml file in the same location where your .dtd file is present.

Now double click on the saved XML and xml will get open in browser window.

or you can right click and open it in xml edistor as well.

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your information.

I have selected all the content and copied it to notepad and saved that with .xml extension. Now i am able to make changes in notepad and save. Now can i upload the same text file to UWL. We have to upload valid xml files to UWL rt?

regards,

Sree.

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Yes, you can upload the .xml file which you created from the text file. Given different name than the standard XML file and upload it.

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sushil,

I have same error opening configuration but I cannot find it. How I can to resolve it?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These XML files can be opened using Wordpad as Jigar has noted above.

You can also choose to use any XML editors to edit the files. An XML editor would help you keep the XML format in tact.

- Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on file , go to open with and select word pad.

Regards,

Jigar Oza