Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure JNDI and deploy crystal report in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a JNDI context and use it while generating a

crystal report.Now this report is deployed in Business Objects XI R3.1 Edge repository so users can view them through Infoview. The main reason I wanted to use JNDI is so I dont need to specify the database connection credentials in every report.

Issue is that I am not able to figure out the process to achieve this. I created a JNDI in tomcat as per instructions in the one of the SAP notes but there is no information of how to configure the same in CMC / Infoview. If I can get information on how to

1. configure crconfig.xml (if need be) for jndi or specify jndi while creating connection in crystal report

2. configure the JNDI in CMC or Infoview so that we dont have to specify the db connection credentials for every report

that would be great.

we are using crystal reports 2008 sp1.

thanks

Joe.

Edited by: Joe P Kumar on Jan 31, 2011 5:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I am assuming you have the reports working in CR Designer, if not get them working first, then the same configuration you did for CR you have to do the same for the various report servers, CLASS PATH to the driver etc.

I moved your post to the BOE/EDGE Admin forum. Search here for more info or if you have a support contract then create a cas eon line and have a BOE Rep help you to configure this.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your response.

I tried following the instructions in a tutorial titled "Configuring JDBC (JNDI) Connectivity for Crystal Reports 10" but I havent gotten the report working in Crystal Reports Designer using JNDI. I am trying the JNDI in a weblogic server and the parameters I had specified were

1. JNDI Provider URL : t3://localhost:7001

2. JNDI Username: no value

3. JNDI Password: no value

4. Initial Context:/

when i give the above info, i get a message Provide necessary information to log on to the chosen data source. In the JNDI Username / password fields i tried entering our weblogic uname / pwd and that didnt help either.

any thots / ideas would be appreciated.

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I found the issue. I was missing weblogic.jar in the classpath. After adding this, it worked.

Just noting the steps so anyone who comes here could be benefited. This is for Weblogic app server using Oracle 10g and Crystal reports 2008

1. Open CRConfig.xml in C:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\4.0\java

2. Inside <DataDriverCommon> and <Classpath> add the path of your ojdbc and weblogic jars

3. For the JDBC tag, the entry would be like. The <JNDIUserName> tag should reference your weblogic app server user. This is generally the userid you would use to login to weblogic console.

<JDBC>
	<CacheRowSetSize>100</CacheRowSetSize>
	<JDBCURL>jdbc:oracle:thin:<db_user_name>/<db_pwd>@<server_where_db_runs>:1521/<SID></JDBCURL>
	<JDBCClassName>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</JDBCClassName>
	<JDBCUserName><db_user_name></JDBCUserName>
        <JNDIURL>t3://localhost:7001</JNDIURL>
	<JNDIConnectionFactory>weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory</JNDIConnectionFactory>
	<JNDIInitContext>/</JNDIInitContext>
	<JNDIUserName>weblogic</JNDIUserName>
	<GenericJDBCDriver>
		<Default>
			<ServerType>UNKNOWN</ServerType>
			<QuoteIdentifierOnOff>ON</QuoteIdentifierOnOff>
			<StoredProcType>Standard</StoredProcType>
			<LogonStyle>Standard</LogonStyle>
		</Default>
		<Sybase>
			<ServerType>SYBASE</ServerType>
			<QuoteIdentifierOnOff>OFF</QuoteIdentifierOnOff>
			<DriverClassName>com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver</DriverClassName>
			<StoredProcType>Standard</StoredProcType>
			<LogonStyle>MySQL</LogonStyle>
		</Sybase>
	</GenericJDBCDriver>
</JDBC>

4. Open Crystal reports designer and when you create a new connection, choose JDBC / JNDI

5. In the pop-up choose JNDI (you will see the values for Provider URL, username and context as how you specified in the CRConfig.xml file). Specify the password for weblogic user

6. Hit next and it should show you the available jndi

7. Choose a JNDI and create the report

8. Enjoy.