cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO … CREATE GENERIC DELTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<Don't have titles in all CAPITALS. Don't ask for step by step processes. Don't treat these forums as a substitute for training>>

Can anyone please let me know the step-by-step process of creating a generic delta by using Generic Data Source ?

I am a student and very new to this...please help me out....

Edited by: Matt on Feb 5, 2011 6:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<Copied from Copy paste of other people's work and from other websites is strictly forbidden. If you do it again, your account WILL be deleted>>

The Step By Step Solution :

The new generic delta service supports delta extractors on monotonic delta attributes like

Timestamp, Calendar day, Numeric pointer (e.g. document number, counter) u2013 must be strictly monotonic increasing with time. Only one attribute can be defined as the delta attribute.

Under Transaction SBIW - This step gives you the option of creating and maintaining generic Data Sources for transaction data,

Master data attributes or texts from any kind of transparent tables, database views or SAP query functional areas or via a function module, regardless of application. This enables you to use the generic extraction of data.

Note: The following example is only used to illustrate how to use the generic delta. For extracting data from the VBAK table, the Logistics Extraction Cockpit is the recommended method.

Creating a Generic Data Source

a). Select the Data Source type and assign a technical name to it.

b). Choose create the screen for creating a generic Data Source appears.

c) Choose an application component to which the data source is to be assigned.

d) Enter the descriptive texts. You can choose these freely.

e) Now choose Generic Delta

Edited by: Matt on Feb 5, 2011 7:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.