cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Completed Indicator - Open PO Quantity Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue relating to our Open Purchase Order Report. I have some POs which are appearing on the report eventhough they are marked, 'Delivery Complete' ie NOT open. The example of a PO is where the PO Quantity is 100 and the Goods Receipt is 99. The user knows that there will be no further deliveries and therefore marks the PO 'Delivery Complete'

In the Extractor to BI we have extracted this field ELIKZ 'Delivery Completed Indicator'. The structure of our datamodel is

PSA -> DSO (Write Optimised DSO) -> Cube

We calculate the Open PO Qty by taking 'PO Qty' minus 'Goods Receipt Quantity' I have checked the example PO in the cube & DSO. I can see that for the infoobject 'Delivery Complete Indicator' that it has been marked 'X' but only on the records relating to the Goods Receipt for this PO. The original PO record is added to the cube eg on 1st Jan and then the Goods Receipt record, including the delivery complete indicator is added to the cube on 31st Jan, but the original record is not updated by this indicator. Therefore at the moment I cannot use this to filter out records in my query. See below how it looks in the Cube;

Created Date - PO No - PO Line - Del Complete Indicator - PO QTy - Goods Receipt Qty

01.01.2011 123 10 (Blank) 100

31.01.2011 123 10 X 99

What should I do? How have you created this report?

Just to let you know I have already read the post

Many thanks for your help,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are using 2lis_02_itm datasource.

I guess the problem could be solved by using a std DSO instead of a write optimized one. In case of WO DSO, the delta is determinted based on request no. When the user marked the PO item as 'del completed', the record got updated in the WO DSO and went to the cube. If we have a std DSO, there would be 2 records generated for this change (in the DSO changelog) and passed to the cube. A reverse record (before image for infoobject 0recordmode) to the one existing in the cube would be posted and another record (after image) would have the 'del completed' indicator. In the query we could exclude the 'del completed' records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks very much for your help, that does seem like a good option. However I didn't want to make major changes to the datamodel. If I did make this change how would I decide what the 'key' is in the DSO? Would I have to complete regression testing of all the other queries built from this cube/multiprovider?

I was hoping there was a small change I could make or introduce some logic into the query to correct the issue.

Any other ideas Murali?

Thank you,

Michelle

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

I have worked on a similar report. I checked if the Ord qty is not equal to confirmed qty, then we consider that as a open PO along with the processing status of the PO as "Ordered"

I think you have to check with your business about the below mentioned possibility. ( 100 ord and 99 conf example)...

If they dont want to see that PO where the indicator is "checked" - delivery completion , Then I would suggest to still keep the condition on the Net ord qty and Net confirmed qty and exclude the del compl indicator as X and also the status as open .

Hope this helps

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks very much for your message,

In my case if the Order Qty is not equal to receipted this does not always mean that it is open. Sometimes the receipted quantity can be over or under (not equal) and the PO can be closed. What do you mean by confirmed quanity? Also, this is a Purchase Order report not a Sales report.

You have said...

"Then I would suggest to still keep the condition on the Net ord qty and Net confirmed qty and exclude the del compl indicator as X and also the status as open "

I don't understand how this will work. My issue is that the indicator is not on all the records of a PO only the receipted records.

Can you help again please?

Many thanks

Michelle