9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2011 4:52 PM by Prabhat Kumar RSS

WIP revaluation in AVR

Prabhat Kumar
Currently Being Moderated

HI Guys,

1. when WIP revaluation is activated in CKMLCP, whether it will get automatically activated in CKMLCPAVR also that means whether the WIP will be revaluated in CKMLCPAVR run also.

2. When I want to do the "determine the actual price " step in CKMLCPAVR, whether i need to create a seaprate delta actual version by referrencing 0 version.

Please clarify the above doubts if possible

Best Regards

P

• Re: WIP revaluation in AVR
    Szymon FIN Maslowski

Hi Prabhat,

In regards to question 1 I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested it myself. I can only presume that WIP revaluation also works in AVR. I think you can easily test it.

In regards to question 2 I can confirm that "determine actual prices" does NOT work with delta version.

Please have a look at SAP note 1511164.

When you implement this note step "determine actual prices" is automatically removed from AVR when plan version used in AVR is delta version.

In case of delta versions you have to explicitly execute activity price calculation in KSII.

"Determine actual prices" is meant to work with "exclusive use" versions.

Regards,

Szymon

Prabhat Kumar

Hi Szymon,

Thanks.  But the Note 1511164 is not open for outside .. it is may be released for internal used of SAP only till date.

Also as per one of your older posting, you ahd mentioned that we can create a delta version( not the delta verison used for activity based costing) and can manually mantain TKAV09 table by which we not get any error while doign KSII.

So I am bit confused here with the following.

1. We are with EHP4. There is not immediate planning for EHP5.

2. During process order process or CKMLCP, stocks are valuated with variable cost absportion only.

3. ONly at year end we need to absorb the proportionate fixed cost into inventory . This is the main reason of going for AVR run.

4. Can I use verison 0 for AVR with plan price .

5. Tha activity type crated for fixed cost alocation will not have any plan rate through out the year.

6. At the end of the year the plan price wiill be updated and by CKMLCPAVR new plan price can be updated to inventories.

Also I did not get " determine actual price " will not be visible.  IN setting tab when we mention to use atctual price and mention a version then only the " determine actual price " step shows up in the list.

Can you please elaborate on this.

Thanks

Prabhat Kumar

Szymon FIN Maslowski

Hi Prabhat,

SAP note 1511164 is a Pilot note. You need to ask SAP via OSS to make it visible for your installation.

Alternatively provide you email address and I can send it to you.

As per delta version in my previous posts I was referring to ABC delta version.

I don't fully understand you design.

Do you have separate activities for variable and fixed costs?

Cheers,

Szymon

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
            Udo Werner

Hi Prabhat,

please do not implement a pilot note that you received from someone else. SAP releases a pilot note only if the experts at SAP are not sure that the not fits into every customer environments or there is a risk that it might have not yet recognized side-effects. Often pilot notes go into standard if it shows that they are safe for all customers. Implementing it on your own behalf would interfere with a later support package or might disturb your processes. So instead of receiving it from Szymon I would recommend to address SAP support via a message and asking to be included into the list of pilot customers.

But I am not sure that you really need that note: When you execute the step to calculate the activity prices in CKMLCPAVR you would have cumulated actual prices in the ML-Delta version and as far as I see that would match with what you require.

Concerning WIP-revaluation in AVR: No, that is not included yet. SAP felt that WIP is less relevant if you look at longer timeframes as you do for a cumulated actual cost run.

Currently, as we promote also to use AVR for single-month recalculations e.g. o cover requirements for parallel accounting we are addressing this point, we will have WIP revaluation in AVR in enhancement pack 6 und probably downported also to enhancement pack 5. Your Ehp 4 will not be included, and further it is not sure yet that it will also work for cumulated periods.

Best regards,

Udo

Prabhat Kumar

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the reply. But in CKM3 screen , in period status it shows that WIP revaluation is not completed. When an actiivity is comepleted it shows up with green light. So that means system expect us to complete the WIP revaluation in AVR.

When we do not revaluate WIP that means when we do not activate this functionality in OMXW, in period status icon for WIP revaluation does not show up. But in our case, for both type of costing i.e. Actual costing (CKMLCP) and Alternative Valuation Run(CKMLCPAVR) the WIP revaluation icon is showing up.

Only problem is I am not getting WIP revaluation process in flow steps of  CKMLCPAVR screen.

Best Regards

PRabhat Kumar

Udo Werner

>

Prabhat Kumar wrote:

> So that means system expect us to complete the WIP revaluation in AVR.

> ...

> Only problem is I am not getting WIP revaluation process in flow steps of  CKMLCPAVR screen.

>

> PRabhat Kumar

Hi Prabhat,

The problem is that WIP revaluation was not deleveloped for AVR. Therefore it is not in process steps, and the system will not expect you to run it.

best regards,

Udo

Prabhat Kumar

HI Udo,

Thanks for the quick response and help.

But in between you have metioned that

"But I am not sure that you really need that note: When you execute the step to calculate the activity prices in CKMLCPAVR you would have cumulated actual prices in the ML-Delta version and as far as I see that would match with what you require"

The scenario is

1. we haev fixed cost denoted by activity and so variable cost.

2. every month normal template allocation with variable cost is going on and for fixed cost the price is zero or nil.

3. we run the priod end closing for orders

4. run the CKMLCP

Now.. to absorb the fixed cost

at the year end after running the 3rd step

I am planning to run CKMLCPAVR with actual price of the activity( both for fixed cost as well as variable cost) but in same version " 0".

So due to think it should work ?

actually I am in the verge of comepleting the testing cycle but there are lot of garbage in the system in older periods . So I am working on cleaning the system and doign the period end closing for the old periods.

If I am  logically ok with above process, please throw some light on that.

Best Regards

Prabhat Kumar

Udo Werner

Hi Prabhat,

I would still recommend testing, but yes, conceptually that should work: The step in the AVR cockpit about determining activity prices will run a special version of KSII which uses the info from version 0 for all the periods in the cumulation range, and stores the resulting cumulated actual activity prices in a dedicated ML delta version. From there the activity prices will be picked up un the AVR multi-level settlement.

best regards,   Udo

Prabhat Kumar

Hi Udo,

Thanks.... I am at the last stage of the testing. In between I have crossed the maximum no. of cost component, because in determine actual step of AVR, system updated the fixed price. It is going to spoil the the maximum limit of cost component strucutre.

I need to think of on this area, in activity typoe master data set up , cost center/ acitivity type planning and the cost allocation.

As I am exceeding the maximum limit of cost components, I am getting error like * " Actual price   for costcenter/actitity type cannot be determined due to errors MLCCS 012 " *

I am working towards to solve them.. but couple of materials gotr valauted .. it seems to be perfect and fixed costs are getting absorbed in AVR run.

Thanks for the all the suggestion and outlook.

Best Regards

Prabhat Kumar

Actions