cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeployment in SAP NW 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed NW 7.2 recently. While going through the undeployment process, i could not find anything regarding undeploying components. I know SDM is not introduced in version NW.2 and curious to know that how can one undeploy JAVA components in NW 7.2.

Also i could not find forums or blogs for explaining the same. So please let me know how can one undeploy components in SAP NW 7.2?

I checked in JSPM and found no option for undeploying as well.

Please help.

Regards,

Dipesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SDM instead.

Location is :- /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program/

Execute RemoteGui.sh OR RemoteGui.bat depending on the OS and undeploy the s/w comp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

You are correct for this but this works only till 7.1 release.

What i want to know is how to undeploy in NW 7.2 release where SDM folder is not available.

Anyone who has done the same pls let me know as im still in search for the same.

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Open a telnet session to the server:

From the below directory:

/usr/sap/<SID>/<J#>/j2ee/console directory.

then list the apps using the command:

list_app

then use the command below:

undeploy name=<app name> on_undeploy_error=stop

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use Developer Studio to undeploy. You need to connect to the J2EE server through the Dev Studio.

Refer Section Undeploying Archives in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/4a/ef4fe6bb3d635ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujnya/Vamshi,

Thanks for your reply.

It was really helpful. I ll try the same for my assignment.

Also i wanted to ask you, are these the only options for undeploying? What i meant, is it possible to undeploy through NWA in 7.2 release?

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK, it is not possible to undeploy through NWA. It is a mere replacement of Visual Administrator.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case do we have to install/deploy Developer studio in portal?

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Developer studio is just a client which you can easily download and install on your local desktop. The software can be got from service market place http://service.sap.com/swdc->; My company's Appln. components-> SAP Netweaver-> SAP netweaver 7.01-> Developer Studio.

If any of your testers already have it, then its easier to connect directly to your J2EE host and undeploy.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujnya,

Is there any blog or document in which screen shots are provided.

Will be helpful to me, as ill be doing it for first time.

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thank you very much for this advice to use console directory. We didn't want to install NWDI only for deploying/undeploying some Nakisa components in NW CE 7.2. Sap support couldn't give us some information how to do it without NWDI in our message. Only you helped us

So I can only add a little bit more about syntax of using undeploy command with some other vendors.

/usr/sap/SID/J50/j2ee/console

./textconsole.sh

list_app (here we can see for example our nakisa component Nakisa/OrgChart)

undeploy name=OrgChart vendor=Nakisa on_deploy_error=stop

exit

OrgChart was successfully undeployed and we could install new version of this component using JSPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Evgeniya Kuznet

Below Cmd work for me to undeply Nakisa component orgmodeler

undeploy name=OrgModeler vendor=Nakisa on_deploy_error=stop

Edited by: Siraj Khaja on Jan 23, 2012 8:44 AM

former_member189724
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the problem that i should redeploy an older sca file.

We made some mistake. We installed a component with sps6, but we must deploy a component with sps4.

I found this string: go -config=/jspm/forceMode=true -config=/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateAll but this not working.

Aditional info: the jspm is already patch to sps6.

How should I proceed?

Regards Stefan