cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP93- Cross company code billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to bill activities in cross company billing through DP90.

in DIP profile i select 1005 intercompany- line item. i confirmed the activities in through CN25.

i create sales order, account assigned to itself ( so no WBS assigned to it, as per SAP help document).

now when i run TC - DP93, system shows error that-

No expenditure items found

Message no. VPK1310

is there any missing configuration?????????

( i already done setting for intercompany billing as per SD module & maintained clearing account for the company code for cross company cost booking.

In CJ20N- i assign Delivering company code A WBS below the receiving company code B i.e B at top below to it A)

Please let me know is any thing that i am missing?

<< Moderator message - Please do not promise points >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Feb 2, 2011 5:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Configuration in SD for intercompany logistics & cost updation on project via activity confirmation both are entirely different.

"Your cost on project is due to activity confirmation. How can you expect that to form part of your debit memo request when your DIP Profile is not configured for that"?

regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell where is BU2 configuration for cross company maintained. Am having similar issue to resolve.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra S,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction code to maintain BUV is OBUV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kavin,

whats the transaction for maintaining BU2?

regards,

Narender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

vor maintaining BU2 you have to use TA Code: rricb_Icca.

Kind regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian. Useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already did setting for transaction BUV & BU2 both, but still it is not working

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. Try posting FI entry on the WBSE with reference to the inter company GL account & see whats the value type for cost.

I also searched but could not find a value type for "Costs due to inter company line items"

regards

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DP93 picks up records from table COVP based on partner and partner company code. Check whether you have inter cc posting there or not.

With regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

Data related to my transaction is not there in COVP. what i need to bring these data in COVP table?

Waiting for your answer

Neild

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After confirming activities see where the cost is going ( whch GL or cost element) include tht cost element in DIP.

Regards,,

SS

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then u hv done any cross company postings ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

No....not still struggling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

i did cross company code posting , & confirmation also, because during the confirmation system ask to maintain setting in BUV transation,& i tick there for RRB .

if u think there is any other way to postfor cross compsny then u can suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. it is working now.

instead of creating cross company code setting in BUV & BU2, just i created in BU2. as i created in both system was considering BUV only not BU2 which is really for RRB Cross company code.

Points are awarded accordingly

Thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Krisap,

I Have already set up scenario for DP91.& it is running successfully but I want to do it with DP93 as it has some advantage .

Does anyone knows how to do it?

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neil,

There is a concept in FI to maitain "Automatic Posting Clearing Accounts between Company codes". (Check transaction BUV in TCode OBYA)

After you observe the TCode, you can understand the following draft.

-- One Posting transaction (for example with posting key 86 "GR/IR Debit") is posted against a cost object. Based on the configuration mentioned above, automatically the same transaction will be posted as (96 "GER/IR Credit") in the partner company code against the cost object.

-- The Same GL account acts as Credit GL for one Company code & as a Debit GL for the other, preferably.

Now, if the cost on your WBSE comes in the business process / development cycle test due to these features, & if you want to bill the customer based on these sources, then you need to configure the mentioned scenario with the help of your FI consultant first & can then check RRB process

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Kisap..tation combination)

I did configuration for DIP profile source as Intercompany- line item & characteristics as Object no , activity, object type ( i tested flow with all permutation combition possible with these three & alone with each characteristic).

as u said DIP profile is not configured for that , could u tell me what should i enter in DIP profile configuration so that it will work.

( i selected usage as Billing & result analysis)

Waiting for your feed back

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the term intercompany may be restricted upto the level of creating masters only.

- Supposing you have two company codes, Create each company code as customer to the other first.

- Select source as "Actual cost line items" for example with characterstic "Activity type"

- Create a sales Order (whose description says that it is an intercompany sales order) with the required company codes as customer (sold to & ship to parties).

- link SO & WBSE

-Confirm your activity & make actual costs updated due to the required activity type".

- run dp91 instead of D93

Is this process OK for you?? If you defnitely need to run DP93 only, then we may explore.

regards