Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP or MM

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working as a SD consultant and have done a couple of implementations.Now I want to learn a new module as it improves my market value.In my present organization my learnings will have a scope in both ABAP and MM.Keeping the market trends in view kindly advise whether I should opt for MM and become Multi Module Consultant or ABAP to become Techno Functional.

Regards,

Phani Prasad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should learn ABAP because already done couple of implementations,you can provide solutions

to business requirements easily & also reduces cost of company,better also

know about integeration aspects with MM,SD modules.

Being multi module consultant it may doubt recruiter / employer you might not know any thing fully.

4 REPLIES 4

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you learn ABAP. Why? As you know, the use in SD of enhancements, VOFM and other tools that require ABAP skills to fit the ERP to sales policy of the user is noticeable. In my opinion your ability to find the best solutions in difficult equirements will improve. Think in unusuall requirements in credit managament, pricing, output control and so on.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I fully agree with the other suggestion, at the sametime, you should be aware that unless you have some technical background, it is not easy to learn ABAP. If you dont have any programing knowledge, then you can start with C+, Java etc which are the basics to learn ABAP.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should learn ABAP because already done couple of implementations,you can provide solutions

to business requirements easily & also reduces cost of company,better also

know about integeration aspects with MM,SD modules.

Being multi module consultant it may doubt recruiter / employer you might not know any thing fully.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and valuable inputs.

Regards,

Phani Prasad.