cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Depreciation by Shiftwise (* Day wise tooo)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AA Experts,

My client have a requirement of calculate a depreciation on shift wise.

Scenario is as below:

In the month of Jan-11

Shift Days Depreciation rate

1st - 31 days - 5%

2nd - 25 days - 4.75%

3rd - 31 days - 4.25%

let me know how to get the depreciation calculation on day basis and shift wise.

rgds

YJ

Edited by: Yogesh J on Feb 7, 2011 10:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in ERP2005 you can manage the shift factor as time-dependant data. In asset master data you can create several intervals. In this intervals you can indicate from which period interval shift factor should be applied.

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

thanks for your answer,

I have enabled the Shift factor, but how to input an interval as in my question above. where i can find the Interval fields to input the days worked in the shift

Does depreciation calculation will happen based on the days given in a interval?

rgrds,

YJ

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Click on Intervals button in the Time dependant data tab... You can maintain Intervals for Cost Center also... In the same way, maintain interval for Shift factor

BR,Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In indian scenario for plant and machinery straight line depreciation, my SLM rate is 4.75%

When i maintained the shift factor as 2 and my variable portion as 56.2105 and got 7.42 as the depreciation which is correct

But when i maintained shift factor as 3 and my variable portion as 58.8421, in a subsequent month, my depreciation is getting calculated as 10.465 where as it should be 10.34.

In my understanding the system calculates the depreciation per interval given as below

Depreciation rate*fixed portion + Depreciation rate * variable portion?

Thanks in Advance

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AA Experts,

Ny thought!?!

rgds

YJ