Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AET field value not getting stored in Table

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created few fields using AET for a transaction type.

The fields are created successfully and we are able to add them in our custom config.

However the values of these fields are not stored in the crm_customer_h table.

Do we need to write a code for saving the values in the table?

Are we missing anything?

Regards,

PP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

try generating getter -setter methods. check the value you getting in setter method.

usually if you debug setter method you will find out the error.

Regards

Sohit

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

I tried to debug the Setter and Getter method for this field.

The system is stopping in the Get method and not in the Set method.

The value is poplutating properly in Get method.

how to debug the Set method..??

Regards,

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think then set method is not getting triggered. Usually a set method is triggered automatically.

We can do one more check if you go to genil_bol_browser and check whether AET fields are editable or not.

If they are editable you can manually try to set property by calling method cl_crm_bol_entity->set_property.You can write this in the save button and after that write this code.

DATA: lr_core TYPE REF TO cl_crm_bol_core.

lr_core = cl_crm_bol_core=>get_instance( ).

lr_core->modify( ).

Regards

Sohit

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But is this necessary?

as per standard the system should automatically Set the values of the attributes.

Why should we write a code for this.

Are we missing anything?

Is there any report as such to restore the Set method.

Regards,

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open an OSS note.

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We raised an OSS message however it is related to custom fields so they replied back saying it is a consulting issue.

Regards,

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pepe,

I would say keep pushing this to SAP as you are using AET to create z fields. Though field is a custom field its product of SAP tool.

SAP guys should help you in this issue.

Regards,

Bhushan

shailendra_jain4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prajit,

Can you help with how you solved your problem?

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Have you looked at the transaction AXTSHOW? If not then go, Give the enhancement id and press execute it. Open all the folders

and see everything is generated i.e, everything is in green color. If something is not generated then select that particular step and click on Generate Enhancements button on top.  Hope it will solve this issue.

Regards,

Sami.

shailendra_jain4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to solve my issue by calling setter method inside getter method, as my field was display only therefore it was not getting saved.

Regards,

Shailendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajit,

I am also facing similar issue, r u found any SAP NOTE or Alternat solution for the same then please share me,

Thanks,

Vjmhyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you added the fields to CUSTOMER_H? You can also have a look at transaction AXTREG where you will find more details about where exactly the field will be created via AET.

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created these fields in CUSTOMER_H and we are able to see the fields in the table also.

However the values entered in this fields from webUI are not stored in the table.

Any other pointers?

Regards,

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is crazy behaviour. We dont have to write any code to save data for fields added using AET. Did any error occured while creating this field using AET?

Please try to create another field using AET and see if you can save values. If this doesnt work then there is no other way than to raise an OSS.

Regards,

Bhushan

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Try generating the getter-setter methods of the attribute.

Regards

Prasenjit