cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete records from MDM automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to delete records from MDM automatically?

I am able to import the data automatically through MDIS, but I have to delete the data first. Itu2019s possible to do it ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you delete the records from Data Manager or if you have huge number of records and wanted to delete all of them - best way is to Export the Repository Scehma of current repostiory and create the new repository from the schema file. With this, you will get the new fresh repository having same structure with no records

Regards,

Jitesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From our experience, the only way to delete records is to use the APIs. But, as some of the earlier posters have said, are you sure you need to delete and can't do an update? Generally, Master Data should be static, and not deleted. Maybe if you review the use case, you'll discover a way to do this as an update. If not, then coding using the APIs to identify and delete the records will be the best way to go.

One other option, to simplify the deletes, may be to do an Import that "flags" the records with some data element you could then filter on to execute the delete in Data Manager. Don't know you exact scenario, but if searching for the records to delete is time consuming, that could solve for that part and not require custom code.

Hope this helps,

Steve Monaghan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Current scenario

USER1: call ME to delete old catalog data

ME: open the MDM & delete it manually

USER1: Transaction to extract new data file

MDIS: load the data to catalog

USER2: use the catalog

Iu2019m looking to automate all process

USER1 Transaction >> MDIS load data >> USER2 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try using a dedicated port for deletion.

Import map action provides delete option.

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Check the below forum for deletion of data in SAP MDM through Import Manager, the below forum describes how to delete the data from a look up table.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to being late

Hi ailesh

I cant find any delete option through import map!?

Hi sowseel

thank you.. help me in another case

the issue not solved .. if there is anyone face same issue, please answer me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Sorry to say but currently MDM does not have any mechanism to delete the records automatically. Everytime we need to log into data manager and then delete the records. If any one does know how to delete the records do share with all of us.

Thanks and Regards

Praful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Current scenario

USER1: call ME to delete old catalog data

ME: open the MDM & delete it manually

USER1: Transaction to extract new data file

MDIS: load the data to catalog

As per your requirement, you should save map in following way which can solve your purpose. Create a XML file which should consist of new and existing records. So in import Manager, for newly added records you need to set Default Import Action as Create and for existing records you should use or set Default Import Action as Replace and then should save in map.

So using this every-time if new record comes (not available in data manager), it will get created and for existing record (already available in Data Manager) it will replace (which means delete the existing record (old catalog data) and create a new record).

Regards,

Mandeep Saini