cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a deployed J2EE Application in NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i am new to NWDS. i have deployed a j2ee application on SDM and gave all the parameters in XCM and the application is running fine. Now i want to check that code and make changes in NWDS. all i have is the .ear file. how should i get that into NWDS and what do i need to do to get to the code, make changes, and verify them.

please guide me .

regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Try this

You can copy the EAR into folder of NWDS workspace( xyz.jdi)

Go inside the folder of your track (on which track you want EAR file)
in that go inside folder DCs. And paster your file at the desired location.

Then open the NWDS with same workspace.

Go to Developemnt Infrastructure Perspective.(Window->Open Perspective->Developemnt Infrastucture)

You will get Component Browser View. Search for your EAR. You should get it there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

kiran

have you got the solution ?? I am facing the same issue,if you got please guide me??

Regards,

Aravind

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Steps to be followed !!!

1. Take a Copy of the .Ear to test.EAR

2. Rename test.Ear to test.Zip

3. Extract the Files present in the test.zip into a Folder 'test' (this folder has the .War file)

4. Rename .war to .Zip

5. Extract the Contents from .zip to a Folder(myRoot Folder should contain the JSP, WEB-INF, Filters, WebContent etc)

6. Open NWDS --> create a Web Container Project(myContainerWar) in J2EE perspective

7. Select myContainerWar --> right Click --> Choose IMPORT File --> Browse --> Select MYROOT folder created by us. FINISH

WAR holds the total Structure of the Web Component based application.

Meaning WAR structure will get created in the NWDS !!!!

Once you are finished with the Changes, you have to create a EA project in NWDS and add the new WAR to it. Build the .EAR and deploy it !!!

Thanks

Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh ,

i have a small doubt here. i have deployed the application already in SDM and made the required changes in XCM for the application to work.now how can i get the deployed .ear file into NWDS so that when i make changes in the NWDS the changes will flow into the deployed application.

regards,

-Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

once i deploy the application from NWDS how can i run that application. please guide me.

regards,

-uday

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Check

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

can you please guide me how to get the .ear file into NWDS.and how do i get the changes done then into the deployed application.

i have worked on webdynpros where we deploy the project and run it directly from NWDS. is there a similiar functionality for J2EE applications.

regards,

-Uday