cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Authorization and setting issue to set up a BICS connection for Xcelsius

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to create a BICS connection with Xcelsius on our BW production system and would like to know what the minimal settings should be to be able to publish and run an Xcelsius dashboard. We have been able to make a BICS connection with Xcelsius and publish and run/launch the dashboard on BW development. BW Development is completely open; there are no restrictions on the settings. But of course we cannot open our production like this. We have tried to open our BW test according to the SAP NetWeaver How to Guide: How to... Create Authorization Objects Required to Work with Xcelsius Dashboards in SAP BW. We have done the following:

First of all we get the following message when saving a Xcelsius file to BW, when all the settings are equal to the production settings (not modifiable):

! The specified technical name is not valid for the permitted namespace

! R7 063 Namespace u2018/BICS/u2019 must be set to u2018changeableu2019 (transaction SE06)

After that we changed the settings on our BW test environment to modifiable by doing the following steps:

1. SCC4 (System temporarely open; after changing the system change options by SE06; the system will be closed again)

2. SE06 (Namespace /BIC/ to modifiable)

After that when trying to do the same thing as before, saving the Xcelsius file to BW, we get the following error message:

! The specified technical name is not valid for the permitted namespace

! R7 017 Namespace u2018u2019 is not a valid BI namespace

And also this message:

Diagnosis

Namespace u2018u2019 must be entered in both the BI table RSNSPACE and the basis table TRSNSPACE or the view V_TRNSPACE. You also have to enter the relevant generation namespace u2018&V2u2019 in table TRNSPACE. This value is taken from RSNSPACE.

Both namespaces must be set to u2018Changeableu2019 u2013 providing they are not empty.

System Response

You cannot edit or create an object in this namespace.

Procedure

Use a different name.

Or contact your system administrator. He/she can switch the namespace to u2018Changeableu2019 using transaction SE06, or - if they do not already exist - enter them in the table named above using transaction SM30.

If the namespace u2018&V1u2019 is empty, then the problem is with the generation namespace u2018/BIC/u2019.

Procedure for the System Administrator

Following this error message:

X System is not set to changeable u2013 objects are not changeable

When everything is set to modifiable and the BW test environment is fully open, we are able to publish the Xcelsius file to BW and the dashboard can be run on the BW data.

What we would like to know what the minimal settings should be to be able to publish and run/launch the Xcelsius dashboard without completely setting the production setting open. And what are the other consequences of adjusting the BW production settings; any drawbacks?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arno.

This also worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

goto transaction RSA1 – transport Connection – button « Object Changeability » - in the list please switch ligne XCLS as « Changeable ».

Hope that works

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there,

We have similar problem.

"What we would like to know what the *minimal settings* should be to be able to publish and run/launch the Xcelsius dashboard without completely setting the production setting open"

Is this issue resolved. If so, please advise how?

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is already answered above. Take a look at the link mentioned previously, which also lists the authorizations required.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

i am facing the same error , please let me know any one got the solutions ?

Thanks in advance ,

Balaji.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look here:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/FAQaboutXcelsiusandSAPNetWeaverBI+Connection

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ingo for the responce. I did have a look and I looked before already here: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Xcelsius2008andSAPNetWeaverBWConnection

Maybe I am overlooking something, but I do not see the answer to what is the minimal setting to get the connection from BW to Xcelsius working properly. We did look at above page, but we seem unable to get the connection to work without opening prod up too much. So we do get it too work. The issue is what the minimal settings should be.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you follow the link then I would suggest you take a look at item #4 on the list shown.

ingo