cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Architecture/Framework with EP 7.3 ??

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Has there been any major changes to the Portal Architecture, Runtime, and Framework etc in the new 7.3 version?

Appreciate if you could provide some information on the same.

Thanks

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 there will be a WIKI available.

Simplified Content Creation

Improved standards

Improved performance, scalability, administration

Improved supportability and root cause analysis

3rdparty integration

AJAX Framework -Default

WPC 2.0

KMC enhancements

are the highlights

Look at this document for further information

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6096570d-c10a-2e10-3cb1-b2375dba8...

Regards

M.karthiheyan

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi karthiheyan

Thanks for your inputs.

This basically talks about the new features and enhancements. I am also looking more towards finding if there are any changes to the Architecture/Runtime components with this new version, sort of a new architecture diagram??

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer: http://service.sap.com/instguides-> SAP Netweaver-> SAP Netweaver 7.3-> Installation-> Installation and Master guide.

Also, Hope the below links help:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-portalandcollaboration

Rgds,

Soujanya

former_member194211
Contributor
SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil, Soujanya

Thanks for your inputs. But I could not find anything which points to a new architecture, or changes to the Portal Framework.

Most of these links talk about the new features, and other enhancements.

I am interested to know if SAP has done any changes to the Portal core architecture itself or to the Web AS.

Thanks

Sandip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing the thread..

Not much architectural changes has happened in Portal 7.3

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not much architectural changes has happened in Portal 7.3

How did you come to that conclusion?

br,

Tobias

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Tobias

I couldn't find anything which points to a major changes in the "BASE" architecture. Correct me if I am wrong.

There are tons of new features and functionality I know, but when it comes to the J2EE/Portal architecture - I didn't seem to find much differences expect Java6/no SDM/no Java dispatcher.

Again, pls correct if its not right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

The below guide may help you to differentiate between EP 7.0 and EP 7.3.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8061e964-2036-2e10-ee9d-ef21d174f...

Cheers

Deb

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are considering Java 6 (with JVM from SAP), JEE 5, SAML, AJAX / New Singature Design, new way of deploying and transporting content and so on not a major change?

What do you consider a major change? What new kind of architecture were you expecting? Do you have anything special in mind?

br,

Tobias

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I told, I was more looking at if there any changes made to the underlying framework/j2ee architecture which I doubt is the case.

The things you have mentioned, 'I' would like to call them a +Functional Overhauling + except support Java6/JEE5 which is definitely a big change. Most of the other things are new features, but again this is just my way of looking at things.

Hope this clarifies.

BR

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking just at the underlying Java/JEE framework, the switch from Java 1.4 to Java 6 is a considerable large change with a huge impact. That the portal is now supporting JSR168 and JSR286 and that portal applications are now using WAR and not anymore PAR is also what I consider a huge change. The support for SAML1.1 and SAML2.0 will also change the security architecture. Another big change is the Ajax Framework Page: instead of using the navigation tag library you can now use Javascript w/ AJAX.

The other features are functional changes (ex: transports, WPC, Wiki), but the above are changes to the underlying framework.

So, what do you consider an architectural change? What did you expect?

br,

Tobias