cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to print archived Purchase Orders

0 Kudos

We are archiving business complete PO's which are beyond 24 months old. However, for Data retention and audit trail purposes, there is a busineess requirement to retreive the print format as needed even after the PO is archived. Transaction SARI does not print an archived PO. Has anyone come across this kind of requirement and how do you address it? Early repsonse is sincerely appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

printing is considered as a document change, it usually adds a message record or at least it stores the time of printing and the user who printed in the NAST record.

NAST records are archived together with the pruchasing document.

archived data is not allowed to be changed.

So it is not possible to print.

you should archive the messages when printing.

same word (archiving) but different process and data set.

such archived purchase orders are unchangable too, they look like scanned printed documents (optical archive)

They can even be displayed and reprinted if the PO is archived (data archving).

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your message. Are you saying that once the PO is archived using SARA and it is sent to the file/open text, there is a way to print it? Could you please let me know how to do it.

Thanks,

Sanjib

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Jurgen,

>

> Thanks for your message. Are you saying that once the PO is archived using SARA and it is sent to the file/open text, there is a way to print it? Could you please let me know how to do it.

>

> Thanks,

> Sanjib

No, you misinterpreted what I said.

SAP differentiates 2 types of archiving.

1) Data archiving with SARA

2) message archiving (optical archiving) when printing.

if you archive messages (optical archiving) then the document is usually stored in a repository and can be opened with a viewer.

In you message record detail you have a field storage mode, which is either

1 = print only

or 2 = archive only

or 3 = print and archive

in case of 2 or 3 you store messages. these messages are originals and can be viewed and reprinted at any time.

But if you did not archive messages and archived data with SARA, then it is not possible anymore to print again the document.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kanagarajcs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

Since you are talking about using Tcode SARI, I take that you are archiving your PO information in Netweawer. If so while archiving your PO information was an Information Structure and Data Source created to access using Tcode SARI?

If not then use Tcode SARJ to configure the retrieval of the archived information. You may even try following the steps in the document from the below URL -

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0ded994-c520-2a10-9da7-bc92c9e9882d?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0ded994-c520-2a10-9da7-bc92c9e9882d?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks,