cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APC value in new depreciation area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a client that had several depreciation areas deactivated in the AUC asset class so that all assets after legacy conversion only have values in the financial book (01). I have since activated the depreciation areas and have tried to use transaction AFBN (program RAFABNEW) with no success. I was not able to use AS92 as depreciation has already been posted in the fiscal year.

1. How to activate the depreciation areas for the existing assets

2. How to populate the newly activated areas with APC values (Depreciation area 10, 11, 12)

3. Any suggested configuration that may be missing

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

viswanatha_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to create and activate new depreciation area.

1. OADB -Create a new depreciation area with reference to a existing deprecation area.

2. OABC - Specify Dependencies (Rules for value takeover).

3. OAYZ - Activate the newly created deprecation area for the asset classes you may want.

4. AFBN - You can open the newly created depreciation area with options mentioned in that screen. (In this transaction you

have to decide if the new depreciation area will have the takeover values or initial value from a reference depreciation area).

Note: That the newly created depreciation area will not be assigned for assets under construction asset class. And also deactivated assets can't have the new depreciation area.

NOTE: If you select an option u201CLeave values initialu201D in AFBN the newly created depreciation area will not have any values. (Blank). If you do not select then the values will get copied from the reference depreciation area.

Regards

Viswa

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa

The requirement is to activate an existing dep area in the existing assets

Can the steps you mentioned serve that purpose?

Br, Ajay M

viswanatha_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Dam sure it will solve the requirement.

Here I gave additional step T.Code: OABD, rest of the steps should follow to activate new dep area to existing assets.

Still you have any clarification feel free and discuss.

Regards

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viswa,

Can we take over different values than the reference depreciation area values. I mean, I dont want the values to be initial or same as the reference Depn Area, but to be different from it. Can this be handled?

Regards

AKV

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant activate dep area in Old Assets. You can only do it for new assets through RAFABNEW

First run the AFBN and create the new asset and transfer balance from old asset to new asset using T.code ABUMN.

Br, Ajay M