cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment to Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to make downpayment to assets without any postings made to the assets.

I found the following thread:

And it works as mentioned when I made the payment using F-48. No postings to the asset is made.

However, if I use F110 to make the payment, system prompts for the downpayment to asset GL accounts to be set up. If I set them up, postings would automatically be made to the assets when payment is done.

Is this a standard feature? Can F110 works similarly to F-48?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have myself used this solution with F-48, but dont remember having used it with F110

Can you try to supress the error message in OBA5?

Can you give us the Error msg No and the detailed analysis of it

I dont see any reason why F110 would ask for Asset DP account if you supressed the Asset No in Vendor Downpayment account.. Also supress the same in Bank Account (though BANK account wont usually affect it)

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice.

The message I received in F110 is "You cannot use this transaction type to post to this asset".

Message No:

AA834

Diagnosis:

The transaction type entered belongs to transaction type group 15. According to the specifications for this transaction type group, posting with transaction types belonging to this group are only allowed in specific asset classes (for example, asset classes for assets under construction).

The asset to which you are postings belongs to class 61000 (chart of depreciation XXX). You cannot post to this class using the transaction type you have entered.

Then I went ahead to add asset class 61000 to transaction type group 15 (downpayment) and try again.

F110 then gives me "No account has been entered for posting down payments in area 01 under the account assignment key.."

So I went ahead and maintain the GL accounts for downpayment to assets.

But that's not what I want.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the base object in F110? i.e. Is it a down payment request or a payment request or what?

I think the reference of Asset has got captured in it.... Hence, you are getting this issue

Can you create a new down payment request - Mention the PO No in it and the Amount

The Asset No should be supressed in the Vendor recon account....

Now pay this DP request from F110...

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use F-48 T_Code to make Down payment to Asset Vendor While making Down payment through it please select Special G/L Indicator 'M' for Asset Down payment

Hiope it will solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen Chirakkel on Feb 17, 2011 1:48 PM

Edited by: Praveen Chirakkel on Feb 17, 2011 1:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what is meant by base object in F110? I am trying to pay the downpayment request (posted in f-47) in F110.

I just had another go. Received the same error in F110 but I managed to pay it through F-48.

I also rechecked the recon account, the asset field is already suppressed. I do not see the asset field when posting the downpayment request in F-47. But there is a warning message (which according to the guide, I had changed it from error to warning).

I do think you are right that it's possible that asset number is somehow still captured in F110.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana.

I´ve finally solved the problem!.

SAP gave me a note: 2057682, i implemented it, and it worked!

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nerea, nevertheless i didn´t find this note number (2057682), could you please confirm the number? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I confirm you the number of the note.

Please look it up in the support of SAP.