cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB5B & MRN9 Report showing different values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem when i am running MB5B & MRN9 report on back date, In both the reports stock is displaying correct but there is some difference in value. Material is managed by moving average price. Please provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks

Rashid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

hello !

The transaction MRN9 is not designed to display the stock quantities and values for each date in a month. The transaction MRN9 only displays the quantity and value to the 'period end' which refers to entered field 'key date' or displays the actual quantity and value if the 'key date' refers to actual period. These data are selected from database tables MBEW (actual) or MBEWH (historical periods).

If you will get the quantities and values for a special date (not a period end) you should use transaction MB5B which is additional selecting the documents posted until 'selection date' with option 'valuated stock'= 'X'.

The transaction MRN9 provides a comparision of stock values for a selected period end with the values according to 'new calculated price' from functions 'determine lowest value' or 'FIFO-price' and is calculating the 'devaluation value'. This devaluation is normaly done only for a period end date(especially at end of fiscal year).

If your are using the function of 'determine lowest value' (transactions MRN0, MRN1, MRN2, or function 'FIFO-valuation' (transaction MRF1) you can store the calculated 'lowest price' of 'FIFO-price' in one of available fields(tax price1-3, commercial price1-3) in material master. (please see also SAP documentation).

You can also see the notes for this as well.

590699 MRN9 Connection to key date and stock data

486442 Lowest value: Significance of key date

I hope these informations will help to understand the functions of transaction MRN9.

Good luck!

Plauto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plauto,

I am checking these reports on period closing date. The user is saying that he checked mb5b few days ago at that time it was matching with MRN9. Now I have noticed one more thing when i am runing mb5b from begining its showing the difference amount as stock value on (01.01.0000 000 Unit Value 9100 INR). The difference amount what is the reason for it. All are requested to put there valuable inputs.

Thanks

Rashid