cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEBAN - resetting a cleared item in FEBAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone been successful in resetting/reversing a posted clearing from FEBAN so that it can be reprocessed? We cleared a check against the wrong payment doc number. I've tried FBRA - then editing table FEBEP (removing certain fields that are set when cleared). I can get the item to re-appear in FEBAN, but it doesn't allow me to reprocess the check.

Ideas?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After resetting and reversing the incorrect clearing document produced through FEBAN, Did you reset the cashing data for the check used against the wrong payment document with transaction FCHG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - thank you.

However, once FF_5 has loaded the BAI - the postings become a 2 step process. Step 1 below is the part that reprocessing in FEBAN does. This is the part that I can't get to re-process - even after editing table FEBEP. I must be missing a field - though I compared it against one that wasn't cleared and they matched. I can do step 1 manually via FB05 - but we're going to be doing a lot of these - and I would really like to make that work.

1 - the payment clearing from the checks out to the bank cash account

2 - the encashment (which has to be manually set)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - thank you.

However, once FF_5 has loaded the BAI - the postings become a 2 step process. Step 1 below is the part that reprocessing in FEBAN does. This is the part that I can't get to re-process - even after editing table FEBEP. I must be missing a field - though I compared it against one that wasn't cleared and they matched. I can do step 1 manually via FB05 - but we're going to be doing a lot of these - and I would really like to make that work.

1 - the payment clearing from the checks out to the bank cash account

2 - the encashment (which has to be manually set)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand what you are asking. I have been working with processing our electronic bank statement for about 4 years. I have never seen or read any information/documentation that allows the change of the status of the original item in FEBAN after it had been processed so that it could be re-processed again.

FEBAN performs the manual steps automatically (matching and clearing the open items FB05/F-04 and updating the encashment info for the checks FCH6). The original clearing document (even though it was incorrect) and the posted status stays the same in FEBAN and it will match the original reports.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Susanne,

Just wondering what fields have you edited in FEBEP to be able to reprocess the items in FEBA or FEBAN?  I am posting this in the hope that you would still remember what was done in 2011.  I am facing a issue where the bank statement line item has a status of complete but no document have been posted nor cleared.  I have tried to reprocess them to FEBA but its saying that posting is complete.  I know changing the table is not really correct but it seems to be the only way to be able to reprocess the bank statements.  

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not have a list of them - sorry.  However, if you take a completed entry and an open entry and compare them in the table you should be able to find the fields.  I think there were 2 or 3 of them.

If SAP says they're complete and you're not finding them, then someone in your company reversed them.  I would not suggest trying to reprocess your entire bank statement.  If you know the corrected postings you can just make them yourself and leave FEBAN alone (since it says they're cleared).