Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing DC in Portal Application Standalone CE 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would be thankful if anyone can help me with this on CE 7.3 -

1. I created a Portal Application Standalone Project.

2. I created an Abstract Portal Component.

3. I want to refer a DC (EJBModule bundled in EAR) and for that I added a dependency in component properties to this project from the Portal Application Standalone project.

4. When I try to build and deploy the Portal Application Standalone application, it throws me an error during deployment saying -

• EJB Model Builder: incompatible verion: EJB version defined in "META-INF/ejb-jar.xml" is bigger than the application version.message resource bundle missing], file: org.csagroup~filedelivery.jar#META-INF/ejb-jar.xml, severity: error

Hint: 1) The given archive file is not a valid Java EE or SAP specific application.

5. Similar way I have also added dependency to the External library project.

Do I have to make any changes to the portalapp.xml file to refer these DC components? If yes, can someone send me code snippets.

Thanks in advance.

--Shiv

Edited by: Shiv Khullar on Feb 24, 2011 5:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes, it seems that this problem is reproducible. Thank you for reporting it to us.

The issue is that, when you create a new DC in the NWDS, of type Portal Application, the underlying JavaEE application which is generated, has a version of 1.3 (specified via XML). On the other hand, when you create a new DC, of type EJB, you are allowed to choose between versions 1.4 and 5.0 of the standard. Either choice will lead to the same problem, since an J2EE 1.3 application cannot assemble 1.4/5.0 modules in it.

As a possible workaround, you could manually align the versions of the EJB project, and the Portal project: either set the Portal project version to 5.0, or the EJB project version to 1.3 (which is far more risky, since this means that your EJB components must comply to the corresponding EJB 2.0 version, i.e. no annotations, for example).

Another workaround would be possible, if you just want to consume the EJBs from the Portal Application, i.e. you should drop your requirement to assemble the EJB module in your Portal Application SDA (this assembling is happending due to the reference to the EJB DC that you have in the Portal DC). Instead of that, you can create a public part of the EJB DC, expose the business interfaces in it, and from the Portal Application DC refer this public part (and not the whole EJB DC).

Meanwhile, the EJB/Portal Application DC generation wizards should clarify whether this version discrepancy is a known limitation or not.

Kindest Regards,

Krum.

Edited by: Krum Bakalsky on Mar 22, 2011 10:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krum for getting back.

I am currently doing what you have suggested as another workaround i.e create a public part of the EJB DC, expose the business interfaces in it, and from the Portal Application DC refer this public part (and not the whole EJB DC).

This is what is throwing a version error.

I can try changing version of Portal project version to 5. How can that be done? I looked in portalapp.xml but coudnt find it there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

the question is quite old and I think/hope meanwhile you could overcome this problem in your task. But maybe some more details how implement these workarounds I described here will be still interesting for you (and for all, who find this question as well).

Regards,

Artem

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shiv ,

Even im facing the same issue please ,but here im not referencing ejb project via portal project , instead we are migrating our ejb projects from 7.01 in PI to 7.31 version , and we are stuck at this particular point please suggest a solution and we are getting the error as follows

Description Resource Path Location Type

EJB Model Builder: incompatible verion: EJB version defined in "META-INF/ejb-jar.xml" is bigger than the application version.[message resource bundle missing] ejb-jar.xml /**********_Proxy/ejbModule/META-INF L/*************_Proxy/ejbModule/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml Validation Message

Regards

Govardan Raj