cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Infotype's additional fields from standard function - ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I'm developing an application which reads the IT0006. We have enhanced the infotype with three additional fields and I need a function to read them.

I've tried running the HRXSS_PER_READ_P0006_VE from SE37, but it gives me an error. I also tried HRXSS_PER_CLEANUP before from SE37 again but I haven't been able to sort how to use it out.

I don't want to implement a new function, I'd rather use an standar one, and that's the one the ESS uses.

Any ideas??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you use HR_READ_INFOTYPE FM to read the infotype and check.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

That FM doesn't work beacause the structure it returns is separated into the different fields but it only returns on big field for each record. Therefore I would have to separete it. Even more, that FM is to an RFC.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that FM will give you in a single field. You can create one Z RFC and inside that you call this FM. the output you are getting from this should be of table type which is of type p0006 structure. so that it will separate the data.

Or before calling the FM which you have mentioned, you need to call "HRXSS_PER_INIT_PERNR" to initialize the Personnel number, then in the same session you call your FM. i.e., p0006_ve.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the instructions in the wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification

Thanks!!