cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table and excel Issue when you hide fields dynamycally with conditions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are in 7.01 SP 6.

I designed the VC application with call to back-end rfc. rfc returns two parameters one text field and one table . I created a data store element out of the text field and created table out of table. I am hiding table columns based on text field value from data store, in the run time (based on some pattern search). I wrote condition for hiding the columns.

NOT(CONTAINS(STORE@visible,'V'))

Problem 1: application works fine, but I have formatting issues : when launch the application all the columns with true return value from the condition are hidden (which is good), with false return value from the condition are not hidden but they are narrowed to a straight line, because of which table header expands, if I adjust the spacing manually it appears fine.

Problem 2: When i export the data to excel, even the hidden columns data is coming to the excel.

I might not have explained my first problem properly ... please let me know if you have questions. ...

Appreciate your help. Thank You,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implemented SAP Note# 1574102 as suggested by SAP.

Thank You,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas please !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then the condition u put on the hiding of column is not working since when u are exporting to table its exporting the empty column as well.

try to set the condition on i think on column level not on header level.

or it might be bug with your SP Please upgrade it to latest SP it will solve ur problems .

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thank you for your response. The condition works perfectly fine. when o/p is 'true', it hide the column from displaying in the iview. when o/p of condition is 'false' it display the field, but formatting is gone.

What do you mean by setting the condition in header level not in column level? in the table i double click on the columns, go to general tab, check the hidden, then write the condition in the condition box, can you please let me know what do you mean by header level.

I am not sure, it is my inability to build report or export to excel itself is a joke in the current version, even if i hide any fields with out any condition, just check box 'hidden', though the column doesn't appear on screen still it comes to excel.

Appreciate your time, thank you,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the first issue, format issue with table when columns were hidden dynamically. For all the columns, i created corresponding bool variables in data store, and i assigned true or false to data store variables based on conditions and I used data store variables for columns hidden conndition. This works as expected.

Uploading to Excel is still an issue, hidden columns are coming to Excel.

As per the note Note 1404783 - Visual Composer for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SP Stack 06, upload to excel issue is fixed, but for us still an issue.

Can any one please suggest the way I could try and see, if that works.

Edited by: Harikrishna Gurram on Mar 2, 2011 12:58 AM