Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA is active but able to assign roles in child system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a strange problem.

CUa setup is done in our landscape two months back. Due a patch upgrade process.

CUA is being brought down in the child system by running the report RSDELCUA.

But after some time, we have reactivated the CUA in the central system.

The problem is when is look into central system, it showing CUA is active but in the child system I was still able to assign the roles.

But at the same time User creation and role assignment is also happening at central system.

RFC's are all working fine. I dunno why is this happening.

kindly advice.

Thanks ,

Subhashini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Berhard,

Thanks for your reply...

I have checked the Partner profiles....

The logical system description has been changed in the refreshed child system.

Also i checked the other child systems....in that the child system description was coming in the model view...

but for the system that i have mentioned the central system name is coming....

deleting the model view from central system and once again activating will help?

kindly advice.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI,

please check the SCUM settings for role assignements. maybe it is set to 'local'. If it is set to 'global', role assignement shall not be possible in child system.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your reply...

I have checked the SCUM setting , it is Global only.

but the problem it, still I was able to assign the roles in the child system.

in the CUA landscape aroud 5 clients were grouped but the problem comes only for this.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hi,

next steps:

1. take over users in scug for that child system ot get rid of the creation button in SU01.

2. check partner profiles (bd64 etc)

3. are you sure, that you did not change tecnical settings after disconnecting the system and reconnection of the system?

(logical name, rfc-connections etc.)

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member

Hi Berhard,

Thanks for your reply...

I have checked the Partner profiles....

The logical system description has been changed in the refreshed child system.

Also i checked the other child systems....in that the child system description was coming in the model view...

but for the system that i have mentioned the central system name is coming....

deleting the model view from central system and once again activating will help?

kindly advice.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hello Subashini,

so that child 'thinks' now, that it is the central system.

Make sure, that the logical system name is fine now in the child (scc4/table t000-->the same name must be used then in the CUA landscape definition of course).

Delete the CUA in the child (scua or report rsdelcua). Delete model in bd64. Delete profiles in WE20 (type LS) for the old model.

Make sure, the rfc connections have the correct names (as per CUA system definition->same names must be used).

(-->all steps in that child)

Then in central system edit the model in scua and save it. That will distribute the model also to that child and generate the model again with the acutal settings. (make sure again, that the system name there is the same as for the rfc-connection used.

Tecnical background information can be found in the CUA cookbook.

b.rgds, Bernhard