Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC for T-Code 'CJ01' not working for Batch Job for a Background User.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a BDC progarm for the Transaction 'CJ01' to create project . The BDC is workind good for all Foreground User in all modes i.e., ( A / E / N ), but is not working , when I try to run a Batch Job for a Background User.

The job is markes as Finnished and the project is not created for the set of data.

It displays the following message in the spool.

CJ01            SAPLCJWB              0100SE00                     344SAPLCJWB               

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are getting no batch input data for SAPLCJWB, screen 100

Check out the following consulting note about problems with batch input and see if it applies to you,

Note 370958 - Consulting note:Frequnt problems during batch input

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are getting no batch input data for SAPLCJWB, screen 100

Check out the following consulting note about problems with batch input and see if it applies to you,

Note 370958 - Consulting note:Frequnt problems during batch input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maybe check if any of the following is the case (especially the List Processing has caused me grief in the past):

Differences between online and background processing

Authorization Check

In online processing, the authorizations of the user starting the session are checked. In background processing, the system checks the authorizations of the user specified in the session generation program. The user whose authorizations are checked in background processing is displayed in the session overview in the column "Authorization".

It may be that a particular user's session can be processed online but not in the background and vice versa. If an authorization check fails in background processing, you get the error message 390(00) which reads "Processing session ** in background (SUBMIT error, see SYSLOG)".

Transactions which behave differently in the background from online

If the behavior of a transaction in the background differs from its behavior online (read SY-BATCH), batch input sessions that contain this transaction may lead to errors in background processing; online, no errors occur.

List processing

Batch input sessions containing transactions that include list processing (this means all report transactions) can only be processed online.

When processing these sessions in the background, batch input terminates with the error message 344(00) which reads "Batch input data for screen SAPLSPRI 0100 does not exist" and the session then has the status "Incorrect".

Cursor position

In completely inactive screens, the cursor is always positioned on a field in online processing. In the background, there is no screen output. As a result, the cursor is not positioned and problems can occur when processing the screen.

When processing a session with inactive screens in the background, batch input terminates with the error message 344(00) which reads "Batch input data for screen XXXXXXXX nnnn does not exist" and the session then has the status "Incorrect".

Warning dialog

You can only leave a warning dialog (message type "W") by pressing ENTER. For batch input, this means that screens with warning dialogs must each be included twice in the screen sequence.

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

Robert,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I checked out all the suggestions you have given us, but the solution to our current issue does not lie within them. Here is the latest analysis :

We are setting a background job with a background user for our program to for Project Creation (transaction CJ01).We are actually getting the "No input for screen" error on the screen 0201 for program SAPLSTMO . I checked out this Screen, and it appears to be a screen embedded in the function module "POPUP_TO_INFORM" . Somewhere during transaction CJ01, this function module seems to be getting called .

We are scheduling the background job with a background user with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW authorization.

I checked the main program SAPLCJWB if it is calling the popup function module, but there is no occurrence for the popup to inform function module in there.

I cant imagine why program runs fine in the background with my user id, but fails to run properly with a user id with SAP ALL !

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks ,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It sounds to me that you maybe run into the:

Cursor position

In completely inactive screens, the cursor is always positioned on a field in online processing. In the background, there is no screen output. As a result, the cursor is not positioned and problems can occur when processing the screen.

When processing a session with inactive screens in the background, batch input terminates with the error message 344(00) which reads "Batch input data for screen XXXXXXXX nnnn does not exist" and the session then has the status "Incorrect".

problem.

The only things I can think of for you to are the following:

- check if this popup somehow can be disabled thru customizing;

- check if there is BAPI (e.g. BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE) that can be used. Check tread

[BAPI for CJ01|;

Good luck,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your query not working for batch job for a Background user.

The application transaction behaves differently in the background than in the normal dialog mode (see note 33319 and 433173).

The application transaction uses front-end controls that cannot be processed in the background (for a detailed description and help, see note 311440).

You would have more on these follow this link you get more details

http://www.saptechies.com/batch-input/

Regards,

Sekhar